Thrust Vectoring (For VTOL/High Alpha)

Please open up settable simvars for ThrustAnglesPitchHeading.n from engines.cfg. This has been a feature request in different forums since at least the FS2004 days and would allow developers to create much more dynamic aircraft.

One example of an aircraft that would benefit from this is the F-22(shameless plug, My Project) with it’s variable pitch exhaust nozzles.

There are several others that would benefit as well (e.g. Harrier, Osprey, F-35 and the commercial aircraft AgustaWestland AW609 to name a few).

Hi there,
Could you kindly confirm if this Wishlist topic covers your request or not?

2 Likes

Nice find! They’re similar, but I’m asking for something quite different. They’re asking for a (how I read it) configuration file that people could fill out, similar to flight_model.cfg. That would take a tremendous amount of work on Asobo’s part.

What I’m asking for is much simpler. I’m asking that they expose a simvar for a variable that already exists in the configuration files (engines.cfg) so that we can adjust it in real-time while in flight.

5 Likes

I miss the possibility of vectoring for jets. This is probably hard to implement, but it makes the MSFS unique as possible :wink:

One example:

2 Likes

Given the popularity of the top mach f22, i really hope this thread gets its due consideration! Would really open up the field of supermanuveerable planes!

It would be super cool if Asobo added this in at some point, hopefully soon even.

2 Likes

On fighter jets like the IndiaFoxtEcho F-35B STOVL, and the TopMachStudio F-22A, a major part of these aircraft is their thrust vectoring engines. But since there’s no native support for these types of animations, their FPS is capped at 18 FPS and looks laggy. Native thrust vectoring support or even just adding a variable for it will help solve this issue.

2 Likes