Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke Control Anomaly

Hi,

Strange thing happened today while using my yoke. All of a sudden, when I turn the yoke full left or full right, when I reach about 65-75 degrees, aside from the ailerons moving in the correct direction, my eve viewpoint goes straight to the overhead panel and locks in that position! Some of the time, I’m able to hit the “reset eye view forward” to go back to the forward view, but other times I have to unplug the yoke (turning the yoke back does nothing to fix the eye view position). I have been using this yoke since it first came out and never had this happen. Also, I checked the assignments page to see if something else assigned itself to this function, but nothing. I also tried deleting the assignment and re-assigning it, but no luck either. It’s just happening with my TCA Boeing yoke. Anyone else experienced this or have any unput? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

Mario

2 Likes

There’s probably something in your control profile that triggers the camera view when the full yoke deflection happens. I don’t have the yoke myself, but sometimes thrustmaster has set a virtual button on some of it’s axis. Like “X-Axis+” and “X-Axis-” which usually engages when you move that axis to it’s full maximum position. If these digital virtual buttons are bound to a camera function, it could trigger the movement that you described.

You also need to note that you might need to look at the assignment on all your other hardware, if there’s a conflicting input, that could have caused it as well. And try to delete the control profile again, and with a blank profile, test the movement, if the problem stopped, then you can slowly re-assign the profile one thing at a time and keep testing as you go along.

1 Like

Another thought; go into windows and check the function of the controller there. This would tell you if there’s something wrong with the controlller axis.

Hi NeoKingRthur,

Thanks for the suggestions. What’s weird though, is the fact that I have not messed with any profiles, assignments, or functions in months, and all of a sudden, this happens out of nowhere.

I will try your suggestion of making a new basic profile to just test the aileron and elevator axis to see if it still does it, and I will report back. Thanks again for your input.

Mario

Hi NonstopQyster0,

I will test in windows and report back to once done. I will also try what NeoKingRthur suggested.
Thanks for your input.

Mario

What aircraft? I have that yoke and usually use the PMDG B737-700 with it. I am about to do a flight and I can test the yoke to see if I can reproduce what you see.

Hi NeokingRthur, NonstopOyster0, and bam12208834,

It seems that Neo’s suggestion to create a new Profile from scratch worked! It appears that in this new profile, the ailerons now work w/o also triggering the “lookup Cockpit View” I have no idea why it started doing this in the first place.
Note; I did try first to duplicate a profile so that I wouldn’t have to re-assign all the buttons again, but that didn’t work. I had to do it the long way and re-assign all the buttons on a fresh profile.
Bam12208834, I was initially using the b-747-8, but it was doing this on all aircraft.
Thank you all for your help & input. Regards

Mario

I have been having the same problem. Driving me crazy. Sometimes while doing a yoke test, the screen starts to uncontrollably move down and reseting the view snaps it back only to move down again. Did you find a fix that worked?

Hi boboflorida1953,

The only thing that worked for me was to create a new profile from scratch. Note: I did try first to duplicate a profile so that I wouldn’t have to re-assign all the buttons again, but that didn’t work. I had to do it the long way and re-assign all the buttons on a fresh profile. In this new profile, the ailerons now work w/o also triggering the “lookup Cockpit View”. I have no idea why it started doing this in the first place.
Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mario

I have this problem too. Did you copy the default profile to make a new profile from scratch.

Yes WavyStarling698, that’s what I had to do. Completely start from scratch, unfortunately. Rgds.

Mario

Thx Mario. Thats what it is.

Johan

1 Like

Hi i have the same problem and it makes me crazy. Did you solve it.

Has this continued to be working without issue since you made the new profile?

I have made a new profile from scratch. It works well for 3 days and then the same problem returns.

2 Likes

For me, it’s still working after I made the new profile WavyStarling698. Don’t have any other suggestions, sorry. Mario

I think I have the same issue, used my tca yoke now about 9 months without any problem, worked fine yesterday but today, the camera just moves all the way up or down. I saw in the sensitivity settings that the joy axis on the right side was off and that centering the throttle 2 axis centered it off and stopped it, these should be totally unrelated. Very weird, seems to be the same on xplane too but in windows calibration all axis are good and central

2 Likes

I’ve been having much trouble with this the last two days.

I tried a new blank profile as suggested and it still happened, so that’s not a fix for me.

Oddly, I can look at the sensitivity settings and see the thumbstick vertical axis twitching away. Unplugging and plugging the yoke’s USB connection made that stop. That makes little sense to me, since I did not touch the thumbstick. I can’t tell if this is a physical issue with the stick, an electrical issue within the yoke, or something specific to the sim that causes it.

It seems to come and go with me and has done so for quite a long time. Like I said, it’s been really bad the last couple of days. Seems to come out of nowhere and return to nowhere.

EDIT: Well, it’s not the sim. I can open the Thrustmaster Control Panel and view the axis behaviors as I move the yoke left and right. I see the mini-thumbstick axis twitching away as I do so.

2 Likes

Hi NixonRedgrave, for a while now, I’ve been getting this axis twitching also on the Boeing TCA also. But this is totally different from my original problem. This is a horizontal & vertical twitching on the screen with my yoke now. As with you, it comes and goes at times, and also goes away SOMETIMES when unplugging and plugging the TCA back on. I too, thought it was a possible electrical problem in my TCA, but since you are describing the exact same problem also, it has to be something else. Sometimes the twitching doesn’t go away at all, and I have to revert to my Honeycomb Yoke. I have no idea on how to solve this. At least, now I know that it’s not a hardware problem on my end (unless we both have the same hardware defect in our TCA hardware). Mario

2 Likes

The issue can also be in your usb device. Look at your device manager usb device and check under power management and if the power safe is set off.