Thrustmaster Officer edition (TAQ320) throttle sensitivity issue #pc

Ok,

Microsoft fixed the Throttle Start switch and ENG On/Off buttons.

But now a NEW problem!!!

The sensitivty is off AND even though throttle advancing to 100 (right side only) guess what? No power.

But when both engines are advanced to full power… both get full power.

Please Microsoft, fix this once and for all, and ONCE it is fixed, LOCK the files!!! Don’t let anyone touch it!!! Please!!!

Left engine works advancing it to full on its own.

But that isn’t the problem I am posting about ROFL!!!

The problem is I tried to adjust the sensitivity (before no problems) of the throttles so when I advance it a little (say 20%) it gives me 50% power straight up.

No!!!

I and most simmers want to have throttles that when you advance it by 20% (in accordance with the physical movement of the throttle to match the percentage of power).

Please Microsoft, fix this, and lock it up once it is fixed!!!

PLEASE!!!

I am have spent too much time after updates to have to go back and fix it…

PLEASE!!! Stop wasting our time. Fix it once and for all… this issue keeps coming back EVERY TIME!!!

This is easier said that done, you know. Let’s say if Microsoft/Asobo do make the fix that makes it the perfect controls for you. That doesn’t mean it becomes perfect for everyone else. Everyone will have different setup and different configurations that any changes to them might affect everyone else.

Microsoft/Asobo won’t give a fix for something that we can do ourselves. That’s why we have the control options. The default bindings are just there as a base template for you to work on. Most simmers will always change them. Reconfigure them to suit their needs and setups. There’s a reason why we are allowed to make changes to the sensitivity curve, the key bindings into anything that we want. So that issues like these can be easily adjusted if we don’t like it.

Even with the engine switch issue, while it’s appreciated that they fixed it in the default profile now. I’m surprised if you actually live with a broken engine switch this whole time. It was an easy fix. When I got SU5 and notice the engine switch is broken. I went to the control bindings, and noticed the issue within a few seconds. I removed the troublesome bindings, save it and apply. And I went back to the cockpit, and the engine switch works again. And I’ve been flying with a fully functional TCA the whole time. And I’m still flying the TCA flawlessly after WU6.

So I’m not sure why you’re posting a bug here, where you can easily fix this by making some minor adjustments to your controls and you’ll be back up in the air in no time, rather than waiting for someone on the other side of the world to fix something that’s only specific to you.

I did all that. I looked for solutions here and Steam as well.
I tried the bindings. Didn’t work.
Like I tried the sensitivity in throttle but it has changed from previous version which was actually working…
Tell me how Neo and I will shut up.
The throttle goes to reverse thrust if I try adjusting the sensitivity setting… so I’m lost. And it wasn’t like this before.
And there are no instructions either which makes it harder…
There is one setting at bottom called “reactivity”! What is that?

If you are saying I need to be able to work out each time how to fix the problems Microsfot has created then you should pay me. Lots. Now go away. Offer a solution. Or go away.

I don’t see how the Thrustmaster officer edition can change so much over 12 months and 10 to 15 updates, with at least 3-4 updates changing the configuration settings massively.

All Asobo needs to do is find 20 users of this hardware and get then to test it and draw up instructions. And then not change it, because hardware doesn’t get new electronics or hardware updates every month. In fact they never get new parts or electronics so software companies are forced to issue a software fix, or am I wrong about this too??? ROFL… :rofl:

PS I haven’t seen racing game simulators that have had to issue patches for hardware.
Example:WRC9
The software wasn’t compatible with a few thrustmaster wheels… but once they ensured it was… didn’t have to mess with it again…
Even though they released new tracks…

How interesting :thinking:

How is it I can find a problem with BASIC FLIGHT CONTROLS in a matter of minutes from basic flying (yes not doing stunts or fighter jets or helicopters) yet asobo can’t?

Since Top Gun is delayed by 7 months Asobo should contact me Or find 20 simmer pilots and test the controls for them.

Fix it, once and for all.

Do you realy expect an answer after posting in this kind of language? The quadrant is working without any problems, the bugs are fixed.

Neo is one of the most helpful people in this forum, who helped myself severell times and many other users. Maybe you forget that this is just a hobby for the people here and they help because they want. Good luck with your problem.

Depends on what aircraft you’re using. If you’re on the FBW A320NX, all you need is to have the sensitivity set to 0% to bring them all to Linear. Then use the FBW A32NX EFB FlyPad to calibrate each detents, so that the aircraft receives the position in your throttle and match them in the cockpit.

Reactivity is how fast the sim “reacts” to your input. At 100% that means the sim applies the command as soon as you make the movement. On lower values, it gives a “delay” before applying the input, thus changing how the sim “reacts”, hence “reactivity”.

I am offering a solution here. And I’m not sure why they should pay you, since you’re the only one having problem and you’re fixing it for yourself. Unless you’re offering to give everyone your solution with payment in return. Then yes, other people could pay you, but not Microsoft because they’re not the one who needs your solution. Though I would doubt people would do so if they can just fix it themselves.

Have you checked on the Thrustmaster support page, note that we have a new Firmware and driver version this year that you may need to update and install.

You may need to also check how the throttle behaves outside of MSFS, on the Joystick Control Panel. Ideally, the green bar for the throttle needs to move smoothly and linear from full reverse (empty bar) and slowly filling up as you push the throttle to higher positions up to a full green bar at TOGA. If it behaves strangely, It’s also good to have a factory recalibration process that the guides are also in Thrustmaster support page if you are having weird green bar movements.

If you want to have a look at how I set up my TCA Quadrant, you can see it here. There’s no narrative, though. So you’ll just have to look at it to see how I do things. And feel free to ask if you have any questions.

2 Likes

Thanks Neo for your help.

I did download and update the latest firmware for Thrustmaster Airbus Officer edition flight controls and throttle.

I was thinking to disconnect the usb from both side stick and throttle before starting the game, then attaching once in game. Thoughts?

I will watch the video and hopefully be able to report back to you with a positive result.

Thank you. :smiley:

Yes I am using that aircraft, that is a great tip. I will do that.

It’s not really a tip… it’s a requirement given by the FBW team.

The same thing to me. :frowning_face:

Have you watched my Thrustmaster quadrant setup above? What’s your specific issue?

The engine 1 is working well by increments. The engine 2 goes from the 0% to 100%.

Then it looks like a calibration issue on the second engine. You might need to do a hardware recalibration process. The Thrustmaster support has a guide on how to do them.

After over 40 days of conversation with the Thrustmaste support… I’am back…

I have got a new quadrant and the same issue…
No function for the reverse range in MSFS only.
Thrustmaster support send me back after they see the problem… they say the problem ist not an hardware or software problem from thrusmaster it’s can only be a problem from MSFS.

please some one help me… it’s annoying…

Okay, I can help you… But I need your help giving me as much information as you can about your specific problem. If you can send me a screenshot of your screen for the following positions:

1. Make sure you install the latest driver and update your hardware firmware from Thrustmaster - Technical support website.
  2. You need to make sure your hardware firmware is upgraded to the latest version using the driver installation above. If you’re not sure how to update it, you can download the guide document, here.
  3. Once you’ve updated the firmware, can you take a screenshot of the Thrustmaster Control Panel? You need to take a photo of what it looks like in the Thrustmaster control panel, when your physical throttle is in each position.

For example, this is how my green throttle bar looks like when my throttle is in the full reverse position. Notice that it’s empty in this position.

And this is when the throttle is at the IDLE position. Notice the green bar is slightly filled.

Can you show me the same position in your end, let’s make sure your hardware axis is working as expected.

1 Like

I won’t need a screenshot to tell you that my idle position is not causing a green bar.

We had the same process a month ago or so in this thread… [BUG LOGGED] TCA Quadrant & AddOn problem with SU5 - #304

Firmware: 1.69
Control Panel: 2.06

I was talking to the thrustmaster support and they can’t find a problem in the hardware or software.
I had a new and a old quadrant and both have this problem in the thrustmaster panel and MSFS. In other simulators i have no problems.

reverse

idle

climb

I remember your posts now after reading it through again.

I’m actually surprised that Thrustmaster couldn’t find a hardware, firmware, or calibration problem about this. Because the way that input flow works is Hardware → Driver → MSFS. It doesn’t matter what MSFS is doing, if the input itself is already wrong on the driver/software level, then it’s already wrong from the start. Either on that Software, or the hardware itself on the previous step. MSFS just takes whatever it is being input to it. If the Hardware is correct, and the driver/software is showing the correct input, but MSFS behaves differently. Then yes, it is an issue on the sim side. But if the issue already comes from the thrustmaster driver software, it’s not a fair accusation if they see it’s the sim’s issue.

Shifting the blame to MSFS as the problem is an unacceptable excuse since the Thrustmaster Control Panel is “THEIR” software coming from their driver and their own tool. Your screenshot of it is clearly showing an obvious problem coming from the thrustmaster control panel.

If they can’t find it as an issue, I think that’s an unacceptable excuse, since you would have sent them this evidence to tell them, “Here’s IDLE, here’s Full Reverse” Why are both the green bars empty? The green bar should fill up 25% or 2 lines per detent position in the throttle quadrant, just like in my screenshot. It’s even more unacceptable that the same problem happened “twice” from a different hardware connected in the same way to your PC.

Feel free to take my screenshot on what it “Should” look like for the Idle position and show it to the Thrustmaster support. It shouldn’t be empty like in your screenshot on the IDLE position. IDLE position should have it filled on the 2 bar level.

This is what i think to, but it’s so funny that this problem came after SU5 and why can other simulator work with the reverse range?

I’am still in contact with them, but i had the hope, someone in the forum have the same problem.

I think the issue is not about why you’re not getting reverse range in MSFS… But most likely why are you not getting the IDLE thrust. Because clearly, based on both of your screenshots, the hardware is actually feeding both sims as Full Reverse thrust (because it’s an empty green bar). Which might explain why other sims can still receive a full reverse thrust. But I would think that even on IDLE position you would still have the issue.

Unless… the other sim is NOT using your Throttle Axis for the reverse, but instead it’s using your virtual Button 12 and 16. When you pull your throttle to full reverse, not only that the axis should become 0% or empty green bar, but it’s also activating the virtual button 12 for throttle engine 1 and virtual button 16 for throttle engine 2.

In that case, I think you can apply the same workaround in MSFS. It’s not a solution, and your throttle is still clearly having an Axis problem. But I think we can use the Virtual Button 12 and 16 as a workaround by assigning them to Decrease Throttle.

The theory is if it’s already registering the 0% point as IDLE, pressing the decrease throttle ‘should’ bring to Reverse. So we’re using the virtual buttons that you’ll trigger when you move the throttle to full reverse to trigger the decrease throttle command which will actually bring the engines to reverse thrust.

Give it a try.

I found another workaround. It’s fine, but not perfect.

Thrustmaster has now seen that there is a big flaw. But currently no solution

I’m curious as to what the other workaround is.