Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Edition sidestick stops computer sleeping

I recently bought the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Edition sidestick and noticed over the last few days that my dedicated flightsim PC was no longer going into sleep mode. It was fine with my Thrustmaster T.160000M sidestick. It took a while through a process of elimination to come to this conclusion.

When I’m not playing MSFS I do need the PC to go into sleep mode to save energy.

I put the T.16000M back and all is well now. Ironically, I actually prefer the feel of the T.16000M, but that’s another story.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Check Windows Gaming Calibration tool and see if the TCA is jittery on any axis when untouched - you’ll see wiggly centered dots. Chances are it might be the rudder axis, it’s apparently the only control axis not using Hall Effect sensors but old style potentiometers. Those are subject to uncommanded drift, etc.

2 Likes

I have the same issue with the Logitech 3D Pro.
My fix was to install a USB Hub with a power switch. I just turn off the Joy stick when not is use. Bingo PC will go to sleep.

1 Like

I stuck all four of my hardware controllers on a separate powered hub as well. So far, no issues. I just need to remember to hit the power buttons on each component to make sure they don’t wake the PC. This is a good idea.

I have the same problem on my new Z690/12900K computer. If I leave my TCA Sidestick or the Airbus Throttle plugged in ( I have the Officer Pack…) then monitor doesn’t sleep.

It used to sleep fine on my old computer when I left them plugged in. Looks like a problem with Thrustmaster drivers and a recent Windows Update?

TPR rudders I can keep plugged in and it sleeps, but those use a different driver.

What’s the latest firmware version on the T.16000M?

I think you will find the throttle Axis is also an old style potentiometer as mine is shot after a year of use.

Monitor sleeps if I disable both my TCA Sidestick and TCA Throttle in device manager. (listed as T.A320 Pilot and TCA Q-Eng 1&2)

I doubt it’s a problem with one of the axis moving on the Sidestick as the Throttle causes the same problem.

Anybody found a solution? Same here… If I leave the T.A320 OR quadrants plugged, my screen saver doesn’t trigger. Having the rudder plugged is fine…

Same problem here, it came out of the blue.

Use a powered hub with individual on/off buttons per port. It’s easier.You just need to remember to turn off that port to the peripheral keeping the PC awake before going into Sleep mode.

It’s happened to me also, and only recently as in the last few weeks. I believe it may be linked to a Windows update, but since then I haven’t been able to find a solution. It hadn’t been an issue until then, Now, I just turn off the monitor manually.

I have a TCA Sidestick and TCA Throttle ,on W10 , and my monitor goes on sleep or suspended mode
after the hours I set on the monitor set-up tool. I would check there if something is not according to your expectations.

Same here. Suspected as well a recent windows update around mid October.
Joystick is MS Sidewinder FF2. Looks like any slight move of the joystick is able to wake pc or prevent it to sleep. Sometimes the sleep mode works, sometimes not. Same issue with Thrustmaster Airbus, so not related to a specific faulty hardware. Never got this issue before October. Disconnecting joystick and the problem disappears (but not a solution)

1 Like

I’ve a temp. solution.

There is a freeware called usbdeview (google it :slight_smile: ), this is like a software USB-HUB with ON / OFF switches.
I can enable or disable the gamecontroller with a desktop shortcut.

My problems started also mid October, so I guess it’s a windows bug. Perhaps an actived game mode feature that prevent windows sleeping when activated.

I had this issue too where my PC wouldn’t sleep with the controllers plugged in. I finally was able to fix it today. Go into Device manager, find your controllers under Human Interface Devices, right-click and disable them, then Enable them. My PC is now once again idling with controllers plugged in.

Good News! Microsoft Update KB5022360 today resolves the sleep issue when your game controllers are plugged in. I was convinced it was a previous update in the fall that prevented monitors from going to sleep.

Highlights

• This update addresses an issue that affects some game controllers. When the game controller is connected to the computer, the computer might not go to Sleep mode.

I just installed it and my monitor finally goes to sleep. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good to know! Then I can disable my scheduled task script to disable and enable my controllers upon startup.

1 Like

It’s just an Win11 update right now or is there also an update for Win10?

Yes. Sorry I should have specified that it is for Windows 11. I guess if Windows 10 is experiencing the same issue, the good news is that it is known to Microsoft and hopefully they will fix it. To be honest, up until yesterday, we never knew what the issue was. Everyone was saying it is a hardware issue. :slight_smile:

Good thing there’s a fix, too bad I’m on Windows 10. :smiley:

My TCA Sidestick, TCA quadrant and PS5 controller all prevent my monitor from sleeping. Only thing I can leave plugged in is the TPR pedals.

1 Like