Thrustmaster TCA Officer Pack Airbus Edition - Xbox Series X

Hey all,

will the Thrustmaster TCA Officer Pack Airbis Edition work on Xbox Series X at any time?

Kind regards
Chris

6 Likes

Segun me ha dicho el fabricante, ni funciona ni funcionará para Xbox X/S. Solo es válido para Pc

no it will not.

It is beyond my comprehension to the why this will not work on an Xbox series X. To bring a game like this to the console to such pomp and circumstance and then only allow some rare few janky flight sticks (even those are questionable) due to probably licensing is preposterous. As a professional pilot, I love to explore this 4K virtual environment with a difficult, over sensitive, and incredibly limited controller, only if there was a replica commercial airline flight control system that you can already utilize on a PC.

Can someone from programming/MS please explain to me why, for this Microsoft flight sim……on a Microsoft Xbox……where this same controller is compatible with my Microsoft Windows based PC……why they can’t make it work with the Xbox Series X? This is so asinine that I’ll probably just delete it off of Xbox. What a waste of time and resources at MS to bring his to console, only to die on the vine for many of us who eagerly anticipated it and hope you could actually utilize a realistic flight control system to enjoy this sim.

11 Likes

Absolutely agree with this !

1 Like

I can’t reason why we cannot use the same PC joysticks on console.

Like, you can plug any generic USB mouse + keyboard kit in the Xbox and the game will recognize!
But you can’t plug a well-known USB joystick loved by the flight sim community that works well with the game on the PC…

4 Likes

Wholeheartedly concur - not only TCA joystick but also the throttles, airbrake and flaps hardware. Can no one at Microsoft see sense (even if it is a licensing red tape issue red) and get it sorted now rather than let MSFS die on Xbox X?

3 Likes

Microsoft are to big to care it’s microsoft’s way or the highway and I dont see any use in complaining im just going to play it on pc and use xbox for my f1 sim as it’s usless as a flight sim. Now what ever Microsoft employee decided to release a flight sim with not controllers allowed to work on it Promote that DumbASS to Microsoft CEO

Agree cant believe this is not working… I requested this as a Christmas present for my PC then I managed to get an x box series x. But read that this does not work
!! Not happy. Seen this rubbish licensing issues before when I went from ps3 to ps4 with accessories then not working. I brought the x box for playing FS. I have yet to open this thrustmaster joystick and thinking I’ll send it back and find s company that will sort xbox and pc. And not the stupid markup turtle beach and the even more expensive Boeing stick… Not happy bunny. Xbox is just a pc in disguise anyways…

It is unbelievable…If thrustmaster made a multi USB PC to Xbox converter for their flight sticks (like they do for some of racing simulator gear) they’d make themselves a small fortune. I’d certainly buy one :wink:

1 Like

Has anyone ever tried connecting the device to an xbox? Maybe it will work after all. You can read on Amazon that it should work.

I imagine licensing constraints are that Microsoft want a cut of the sale for any hardware that works on xbox. Hence manufacturer don’t pay, it don’t work. Just like marketplace is only source of add ons; its a platform for making money as well as playing games. Some of that is ok, we need msfs to be strong and grow, but too much and it starts looking like theft.

Yes, the console doesn’t even recognize it at all. The game also doesn’t display it in the “controls” settings menu.

The problem with the licensed sticks is that they just suck. They have buttons like “A”, “B”, “X”, “LB”, etc., very few customizable buttons and the build quality is often inferior.

The TCA Airbus stick compatible with XBOX was released today ! You can plug in your existing TCA quadrant and add-ons to the main joystick to make them compatible with Xbox.
So we basically have to buy a new stick to get the whole setup compatible.

yes…119 euro

Like all Xbox devices vs PC version. The Xbox license must be pretty high…

99 GBP here in the UK, was going to order despite having the original stick cause I wanted to be able to use it with xbox but when I saw the extra 17 GBP for shipping… I decided to wait for Amazon to stock it.

1 Like

Hi all, after some help realy on the xbox set with Thrustmster TCA Captains airbus edition for XSeries… Some of the controls work and others dont ie… parking brake, spoilers, flaps… but guessing the rest sort of works… i bought assuming it plugs and play but obviously not. any help or websties is so greatly appreciated… thx in advance

BTW, this is the new updated release from thrustmaster especially for the series X but doesn’t work… not a happy chapie as I’ve forked out £270 and regretting not getting the honeycomb alpha and bravo with the hub. But will order after Xmas I guess…