Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Axis configuration

Hello,

I’m struggling to configure the TCA Throttle correctly as there is only one tutorial which has a quite high deadzone. I used to have a linear setting which I liked but after the update it didn’t work anymore and I could adjust it as previously.

Does anonye have a linear setting or one without a big deadzone and can share it?

1: Install latest firmware (1.61) and calibrate your throttle (VERY IMPORTANT) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVI6fy5wzn0&ab_channel=Thrustmaster

2: Delete all A32NX mod that you currently have in your community folder. This includes the one inside the community folder, and the A32NX folder outside the community folder.

3: Start the sim, and delete the control profile you have previously for the TCA Throttle Quadrant. Let it reset to the default.
Reset the sensitivity curve by pressing the Reset button for all axis. And press OK. When you reopen the sensitivity curve, it should be perfectly linear in a straight line. The sim should prompt you to save this new sensitivity curve as a new profile. Save it.

4: Download and install the latest Custom A32NX mod into your community folder: https://flybywiresim-packages.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/vmaster-cfbw/A32NX-master-cfbw.zip

5: Once you install this new custom mod into the Community Folder, run the sim once, and start a flight in any gate of your choosing with the modded A320.
Test your throttle, you should see the detents are not lining up properly. Exit the sim.

6: Go to your Packages Folder (https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/tree/fbw/docs), and you should see the new A32NX folder created. Open it, and open the Work folder. You should see the ThrottleConfiguration.ini file.
Open the ThrottleConfiguration.ini file, and replace the contents with this:

[Throttle]
Log = true
Enabled = true
ReverseOnAxis = true
DetentDeadZone = 2.0
DetentReverseFull = -1.00
DetentIdle = -0.50
DetentClimb = 0.00
DetentFlexMct = 0.50
DetentTakeOffGoAround = 1.00

7: Start the sim again, and your throttle controls should now be perfectly aligned for each detents and sensitivity correctly linear. and the Norm switch works, provided that you keep all the mappings back to the default post-patch.

Not my work!

11 Likes

One remark that saves time:
It’s enough to reload the plane to activate the new configuration…

1 Like

Will this method also work for the TCA Airbus throttle?
My left/right lever don’t like up correctly with the in game levers on the A32nx

I also have the TCA and it works perfectly. You need to be sure that the settings match you setup. This can be influenced by calibration and sensitivity settings.

1 Like

@AGuther how did you manage to set up each lever to align correctly?

Mine are all over the place and it seems like the left lever is controlling both engines, so something is not right here.

Have you done a hardware calibration? When they are out of sync that’s an issue on that side…

This is the solution for the airbus throttle. Follow the steps. It will work

1 Like

THANK YOU! finally works

Many Thanks,
After spending half a day getting nowhere this solved it.

Thank you so much. I tried and followed the original recommendations from flybywire. But always one detent was not working.
Now everything is perfect.

Once again thanks again for sharing.

Mine seems to be here - just in case you couldn’t find it.

the ThrottleConfiguration.ini file never appears for me…any suggestions?

in my work folder the throttleconfig file doesnt appear. Can someone help me,maybe i did something wrong

Which version do you use? It’s only available in the experimental version of A32NX.

It’s using a new folder name, flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo on experimental version.

MS store:
%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo\work

Steam:
%appdata%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo\work

But is it stable, dev or experimental?

Edited to experimental. Thought it was kinda clear only on experimental though, but guess not.

@AGuther Will it come to the marketplace or is that a ‘basic’ version?

For the start it’s not the experimental. But will come…

1 Like

well i installed the experimental version. but even after a short flight i only get 3 files in that map.
1 file called 2021-04-04-19-43-10.fdr
1 file called 2021-04-04-19-48-27.fdr
and a file called FlightDataRecorder