Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant ENG 1+2 - Engine buttons turn off Master Power

Hi all!

Since the new update yesterday 16/02/2021 I am having an issue with my Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant ENG 1+2. Once the game starts, the position of the engine buttons is to ON and I hear some clicks from the game, like buttons pressed repeatedly and once take off, after about 30 seconds the plane loose the electricity power!!! Engines are on and I can fly but the instruments are complete off, black out!

If I turn off the engines with those buttons, power comes up again…
That’s very weird. I use the same settings which actually are the default ones.

I see in the update’s notes that they fix some issues with those buttons not starting the engines but now something else is broken.

Do you have any of you the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

The own control settings were apparently changed during the update.

For example, I had set key 5 to “Toggle Landing Gear” before the update.

Now the programming has been changed to “Gear Down” and “Gear Up”.

I made the settings again (as before the update) now everything is fine again.

Thanks for answering.

Tonight I’ll try to check again but applying the default settings last nights didn’t resolve anything.

Switching the TCA Quadrant ENG buttons to ON activates the starters, which wasn’t the case before the upgrade. The problem is, the starters don’t disengage once the engine is taking turns and never do. Worse, on a M20R, you can see the magnetos key switching endlessly from both to start and vice versa. The DA62 PFD rings an alarm for L & R starters as they never stop running. The amps gauges of the PA44 cockpit go mad as the starters keep sollicitating the batteries endlessly before draining them dry.
In real life, any engine would breakdown quickly under these conditions.
I’m going to look if disabling the starter activation in the TCA Quadrant config is sufficient to restore to a pre-update situation.

Yes, I have the same problems as the OP. Also, I noticed that some keyboard bindings are not working properly, e.g. the “G” key to toggle dear seems to work from looking within the cockpit, but from outside view the gear doesn’t seem to move (after toggling the G key several times).

Hopefully there will be an ‘easy’ fix, which does not require re-installing MSFS as I have a rather slow internet connection! :hourglass_flowing_sand:

Just made a quick test, as a temporary solution, delete in the Options/Commands menu in the TCA Quadrant config page the lines which bind the SET STARTER 1 & 2 to buttons 3 & 4
Leave the other valves bindings as is, and use the buttons/keys/ present in the cockpit to activate the starters. I tried this and my planes behave normally.
Let’s hope there will be a quick patch to set this stupid problem.

2 Likes

Hi Growler22300, thanks for this, it seems to work indeed as a temporary measure. As you said, hopefully there will be a patch to sort this issue soon and permanently.

Thanks! Following your excellent advice, I changed button 3 which was operating Set Engine Master 1, Set Starter 1, Set Engine 1 Fuel Valve AND Toggle Engine 1 Fuel Valve to just SET Engine Master 1. I did the equivalent on button 4 for Engine 2. It strikes me as bizarre to have programmed these keys like this, they look conflicting even to a lay person. Anyway, my battery now gets charged by the alternator into the green and the ghostly hand has stopped fiddling with the key! Thank you.

Thanks a lot to everyone for your replies and suggestions.

Personally, I would like so much to be “caustic” on these issues but I prefer to keep my mouth shut…
Let’s go on with life, we have more things to worry about.

Good evening to everybody!

Thanks Growler22300 solutions works perfectly. If only these mods were thoroughly tested before implemented. Not the first time the Quadrant has had issues.

My TCA isnt recognized anymore by Windows after the Update. Very anoying.

1 Like

I am very sorry for this, for now I don’t have similar issues, we will see in a few days.

Hi all, just a curiosity, after the temporary fix we have above, does anybody know if this issue is fixed with the latest release? Haven’t tried yet to bring back the original configuration and try to see if it works correctly now.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Hi, this has not been fixed in the latest release. I recently bought the TCA-set and had similar problems. I was very happy to find the solution here.
Thanks for providing the solution here!

Hi all, I bought TCA Quadrant few days ago and I have similar issues using it with DA62, messed up engine switches, displays turning off etc… I will try this workaround, hopefully it helps.

On a bit different note, I also have trouble setting my thrust levers to use its full range. I can see it responding from 0 to 100 nicely in sensitivity setting screen, but it does not corespond with ingame plane levers. Lets say in DA62 nothing happens until I reach about 40% of the range on Quadrant, then power rises up until about 60% of the range, when I hit 100% power in game. So I am barely using 20% of the TCA Quadrant range. Can you please advise how to set my sensitivity curve or some other solution? Maybe I am doing something wrong. I would like to use full range of Quadrant levers , or at least most of it. Since this was the reason I bought it. FYI, I have deleted the previous throttle input set on my Joystick.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Hi guys, any news about quadrante button 3 not start the engine?
Ty

Are you sure you don’t need to calibrate your TCA Quadrant?

I have no idea… Didn’t try that for a long time cause I always thought was broken in the sim.

Everything is calibrated correctly in windows, as far as I can tell. I tried different sensitivity curves, but it did not change the usable range on the TCA Quadrant. Not sure if this is a sim update 5 bug partialy, but I can not tell, sicne I have not used it before.

Anyway not using engine switches on the Quadrant helped with the panels, not turning off anymore, but this is not as it should be too.

edit: Anyway I will try to recalibrate it once again.

Personally I have no calibration issues after the SU5.

I suggest to you to do this: Airbus Throttle Quadrant | Calibration - EASY - YouTube

This is not a calibration for windows but for the hardware itself, maybe could help you here.