Thrustmaster TCA quadrant still not completely working

Copy that, thanks. Wasn’t sure if 60% is accurate or a sim limitation.

1 Like

Hi here you are a Youtube link to show you the strange pitch trim at green dot when flaps deployed. I can confirm first lever pos in the TCA add on is flaps 1 +F, You can see at min 4:30 : MSFS 2020 LEPA /LEBL 21/01/2021 A32NX Custom FBW - YouTube

Whoaa… that’s a huge climb… Hmm… can you try something different? This time without using the flaps lever. Check your keyboard binding and look for INCREASE FLAPS. If you don’t have it bound, just bind that command to any keyboard key of your choosing.

Then you fly the same route. But instead of using the flaps control in the addon, press the keyboard button that you just bound to increase the flaps. See if it makes a difference for you. If it is, then there’s some input issue coming from the flaps in the addon.

And make sure the flight model is modern too. I think there was this post somewhere that extending flaps made the aircraft climb and changing this to modern seems to solve their issue.

Yeah I have modern from the begining. Never I had this issue with the Saitek pro flight quadrant on my flaps. So I will check your workaround for to binding at keyboard, I think I have a binded button for flaps in my TCA airbus joystick.but i never used it. I will try different things, thanks a lot for the feedback man!

Yeah, I use the middle right side of the TCA airbus joystick to manage my flaps. The bottom one for INCREASE FLAPS, the top one for DECREASE FLAPS.

1 Like

Yeah, I was change default asignments on those buttons for use it with FS2 Crew so Im going to bind the left side joystick buttons for increase and decrease flaps . So its incredible flaps still are not correclty mapping by default in TCA add on.

Tell me about when you have your add on.

Can’t confirm a second quadrant not working. I also have both quadrants (pin at the front on one set to ENG 1&2, at the second one to ENG 3&4).

And initially it looked the same. What I had to do to make it work properly was to set the sensitivity for the second quadrant multiple times until all sensitivity values were showing up correctly. I just applied the same ones as with the first quadrant (that upon connecting it the first time got preset values from MSFS).

What indeed does not work on the B748 are the crank and engine start switches. I don’t know if these could also be remapped in MSFS to work on the B748.

Lets add a couple of things to my early reply: (sorry if any of these has been mentioned before)
Thrustmaster also supplies owners of the quadrant(s) with a small metal screw driver. It perfectly fits the holes on every side of the two levers on the quadrant. If you insert it, align the two levers and carefully push it in you end up with two connected levers (1+2 and 3+4). As said in one of the postings before you can than apply reverse thrust on the 747 in a proper fashion. Just set the small flaps on the outer levers (1 and 4) upwards (so you don’t have to pull it for this particular lever to go into reverse). You can than comfortably just pull up the flaps of the two middle levers (2+3) with one hand and still all 4 engines will move into the reverse thrust area.
By the way: This setup also allows you to apply thrust only on the left-side or right-side engines of the queen. If you happen to find yourself and your B748 at an airport with particularly narrow curving taxiways or if you need to perform a turn at the end of a runway.

Whoa! Catching up on this thread and saw your setup here. Looks cool but yes, my first thought was I need one of those big foam hands to move those levers! This really makes me wonder the thought Thrustmaster had on simulating a 4-engine setup for the A380?

There is a set of cleats/clamps packed with every quadrant. These keep the two quadrants tightly together and aligned. So yes, I’d say they at least thought it probable for customers to use two at a time in order to operate a 4 engine aircraft.

Because of the dumb switches the quadrant spams constantly commands to the sim.
Resulting in other functions not work properly anymore.
For example: I used two buttons so set the AP altitude in 100 feet increments.
With the quadrant constantly spamming gear UP, or engine ON, or auto break HI its only possible to set 1000 feet increments. Probably because the sim can not handle so much commands.
That sucks.

What do you mean? Did you find a solution?

So sorry, forgot to reply sooner. Set Gear is already assigned to button #21 in the game. The game sees the “up” state, but does not recognize the “Down” state, so when I am taking off, I can push the switch up to close the landing gear, however when I am about to land, I have to use the mouse to switch down the landing gear.

This is a well-known and widely reported issue. Check here: Heading Increment Bug (10 degree instead of 1) Explained

Thanks for the clarification. I upvoted as much as possible and hope Asobo will fix this. :slight_smile:

Ok, I’ve binded two TCA joystick buttons for flaps and I can confirm flaps 1 ( slats) are deployed with flaps increase button. ( but still having some strange down trim pitch angle.) Once I configured flaps 1 then I put my flaps lever in the TCA add on in first detent and deploys flaps 1 +F, then I continue deploying 2, 3 and Full for landing on my add on.
Today I installed the new Custom FBW version to test the implemented Fly By Wire system:

I’m sorry if this has already been discussed, but I recently received the add-on parts to the thrustmaster airbus quadrant. I’ve attached them as instructed and everything works great. Except now, the idle position for the thrust levels is now showing full reverse on the engine gauges and now idle is in the normal CLB slot setting leaving me very little throttle control between idle and max thrust. Any thoughts?

Also, I cannot seem to be able to assign the auto brake button to set the braking? I applied the button to the brakes but it does nothing. Thougths?

Do a factory calibration and use the fbw custom version with a linear curve. Don’t forget that you have to calibrate five positions (toga flex climb idle reverse) and Not four as described in the thrustmaster manual (reverse is missing) .

The auto break doesn’t work on the fbw. I think above a user has posted why. You need at this time the mouse to enable low or medium auto break. Max doesn’t work for a real Airbus during thrle landing phase I learned here so this is correct.

Ok, so I did a factory calibration and it still didn’t fix the issue. Any other thoughts?

Make sure your throttle is bound to the Throttle Engine 1/2 Axis (0 - 100%)… With the 0-100. Don’t use the one that’s just Throttle Engine 1/2 Axis.

Use the A32NX mod Experimental Custom FBW version. Don’t use Stable or Development version. And you can tweak the throttle configuration based on this guide:

Also, when you calibrate the throttle with the Add-on… Make sure you pull the spoilers and flaps to follow the detents of the throttle as well before you push the red buttons. Otherwise your flaps and spoilers will be incorrectly calibrated.