Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrant USB device not recognised error

I tried to clean quadrant usb port with contact cleaner and pressurized air. It works but after week or two problem come back. It’s probably usb port contacts oxidize problem. But now I can use quadrant by cleaning usb port again when needed.

1 Like

Same problem, same response:
Thank you for sending the additional information.

In this case, as your product is no longer under warranty, we cannot offer you a solution in repair or product exchange.

However, we can suggest you the following:

1. Try to connect the device using another USB-C cable. You can use a smartphone cable.
  2. Try the “bootloader” process as explained in the attached document.

We hope the above suggestions be able to solve the issue and wish you a pleasant weekend.

Best regards,
Cristiano, your Thrustmaster agent.

After this I puchased Honeycomb Bravo :slight_smile:

I just went straight to the Bravo as soon as the TCA conked out on me. :smile:

I suddenly had this problem: TCA Q Eng 1&2 just stopped working in the middle of a flight.
This happened twice and after second time I had problems to connect throttle quadrant again. I had a Windows notice something like USB device is not recognised
Finally I found a solution.
There was only one driver installed for the throttle quadrant and it was HID-compliant game controller driver (in the picture: 1).
For T.A320 Pilot joystick there were 2 drivers installed, HID-compliant game controller driver as well but also driver called T.A320 Pilot made by Guillemot Corporation.
I could not install a driver for the throttle quadrant right away. But when I first removed the HID compliant game controller driver the TCA Q-Eng 1&2 driver was installed (in picture: 2).
Also the HID driver appeared again after installation of the other driver.
Problem solved!

my personal take on this was i was trying to configure the thrust levers in phoenix sim to get to work properly but had no luck and then after i quit fs2020 my pc didnt even recognise the devide and couldnt even update it in the firmware.
the solution on my part was to have flight sim open in the a320 and connect and disconnect the quadrant until it recognises it and then while having the sim open I opened the thrustmaster app and did the firmware update.
hope it helps