Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrant USB device not recognised error

Yes I have.

I just started to have the same issue with my throttle quadrant a few days ago. I have also tried every suggestion listed in this forum. I might just sacrifice mine for the forum and open it up. I want to see if there is a cable from the USB board to the main Board. If there is I can check it out and see if maybe there is just a loose connection or something. I bought mine refurbished from Amazon back in October of 2021. So I really donā€™t think I have a warranty. But not sure. If I canā€™t fix it I might just buy another one. I will report back here if I can find a fix after taking it apart. Thanks for starting this topic.

2 Likes

Itā€™s unfortunate that this is such a common issue, and there doesnā€™t appear to be any permanent fix yet. Hopefully you can find something taking it apart, Iā€™d also like to know!

The replacement from the cable from main PCB to USB PCB was only precautionary. They cant find the any defect. Perhaps is it a mistake between the device and only AMD systems?

I have an Intel & Nvidia system, so I would assume the issue is specific to the throttle itself.

Today mine is working perfectly. Doing a flight with the FBW A320. Iā€™m not going to take it apart until it messes up again. Iā€™m sure it will soon. But I will keep the forum updated.

My device works for five dayĀ“s without problems and now is it not recognised again. It was separated without use. I have connected to a separated PC but the TCA is down.

Hi All, on the back of this, I am unable to download any updates, drivers, firmware from the Thrustmaster website. When you click on the button, nothing happens. I have just added the Airbus add-on (flap lever, spoiler, etc) however, MSFS 2020 does not see it, and for some reason, I am unable to find the setup software, I can not even download any of the PDF files.

Here is a link to the proper download location for it,
You should be able to download this from here.

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tca-captain-pack-airbus-edition-en/

Nice one, thanks for that.

1 Like

Hey @dflight8685 Kannst du mir auch weiterhelfen? Ich habe ein Ƥhnliches Problem. LG

Hast ne PNā€¦

Hi there, Iā€™ve been having theses problems for a couple of yearsā€¦It is impossible to get usefullā€¦I got a Thrustmaster email where they suggest to take it to a loca electronic repair localā€¦Iā€™m wondering if may be a vot/amp issue.

Any thoughts?

Have you tried downloading the proper drivers using the link above?

Yes, Iā€™ve tried with the last one and previous driversā€¦It worked with a 2021 driver, but then, after two days it didnt work again.

I replaced the device with new one and the problem is gone. It is definitely a hardware problem

It could be due to the usb connection.I would try a different usb port and/or a powered usb hub.

It doesnā€™t work either.

When you say ā€œnew oneā€ means that you bought a new Quadrant?

Yes I tried it. It doesnā€™t work.