Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrant USB device not recognised error

1 Like

I love that printer function way too much lol

1 Like

ā€¦ i know what you mean ā€¦

1 Like

My short run has come to an end, 2 flights today - just finished second to Berlin from Gatwick - no issues. Sadly a short time after (while watching a few vids on YouTube) the unit randomly disconnected and USB error has returned!

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! fluke?

Most likely, itā€™s very intermittent though. I was hoping the HID option was the missing piece of the puzzle as that was ticked as ā€˜save powerā€™ previously, which may have bought me a bit more time but now Iā€™ve run out of ideas. Box.co.uk did have some stock this week, so Iā€™ll keep an eye on their page for updates. Iā€™m guessing it would cost me Ā£20-Ā£30 to return the unit back to France +14 days for them to action a refund if the postage covers all the costs and doesnā€™t get stuck in customs! I donā€™t have the original box either so may just cut my losses.

it is the strangest thingā€¦ makes no sense! btw - if you want to dm via reddit - you can find me here: https://www.reddit.com/user/mikeyblue005

I just restarted my PC and my Quadrant has disappeared from the controller listings as standard. Nice screenshots btw! I hope youā€™re new Quadrant continues to work well! I canā€™t believe they got yours to work on 2 rigs, that seems crazy to me - It may have worked initially like ours did but if they tried over time theyā€™d prob get our USB errors.

i am wondering if there is a conflict in FSā€¦ do you have any other things plugged in that could cause a power draw issue?

Only the rudder and sidestick (separate USB connections). If it disconnected in the sim, it couldā€™ve been the A32NX mod possibly but when it doesnā€™t even appear when I login to Windows, I canā€™t think what else it could be. When it does work like earlier tonight, no issues at all. All assigned buttons work etc. Iā€™m using the Experimental mod though - as the detents do not appear correct in the stable or dev modes.

do you use FSUIPC7?

Only when using PACX.

download the windows SDK and install it - select debugging only and use the USB debugger

I think I may only have the beta version. Is that tool free? I donā€™t know much about it tbh.

I def donā€™t have that screen. I think itā€™s just a link between PACX and FS. I think Iā€™ll just go back to using the sidestick for now.

Thank you all for your suggestions, and also to dflight8685 for kindly sharing some tips via PM. Iā€™m also in a certain island state in northwestern Europe and share your pain about the challenges in getting hold of anything these days!

I have tried lots of things over the past few days with very mixed and intermittent success, like snaxx82. My computer only has USB 3.0 ports, but Iā€™ve tried the quadrant on two older computers with USB 2.0 ports and the problem is the same. I thought I had fixed it yesterday and enjoyed a couple of flights. Same today, but then just when Iā€™d landed and was about to exit MSFS, I heard the dreaded USB device disconnected sound, and sure enough itā€™s not recognised any more. Iā€™ve tried all the tricks again, and nothingā€™s working yet.

TM support suggested some procedures to follow but said that if they didnā€™t work, it might be a hardware failure and suggested contacting the reseller, so I may need to do that :pensive:

Any joy on the problem?

No luck yet! Iā€™ve written again to TM to check if thereā€™s anything else they suggest trying before I contact the reseller (although actually it was purchased from TM directly). I bought it as part of the combined ā€˜officer packā€™ with the sidestick, and the sidestick is working fine, so Iā€™m hoping they wonā€™t make me send back both!

I thought it was interesting TM said they wanted the full packaging returned! I hope they donā€™t intend to resell faulty goods as ā€˜newā€™?! I donā€™t have the packaging anymore but awaiting an update from their eShop team to advise if they can accept the return without. Mine has been banished to the cupboard for now, I donā€™t even think a firmware update could fix it tbh.