I barely have any plugins other than Air Manager and Flight Events and MSFS 2020 freezes during Flight Preparation since last few weeks. Tried few work around from posts and still no luck. No way to pin point issue. Seems like I have wasted lot of time that lead nowhere.
MSFS 2020 is great for VFR unlike X-Plane but when it works not sure where all the FPS is going
I started using X-Plane just 2-3 months before MSFS 2020 came out. I barely used X-Plane since I got MSFS post release. After this freeze issue, I started focusing on X-Plane and realized that how powerful it is (minus VFR which is definitely not their goal) from flying and configuration experience. I don’t have to waste time on making it work for me. It simply works.
- Multiple visual/views configuration.
- Pop out G1000 and GTN devices with full functional control panels.
- Garmin Pilot works flawlessly without any additional software like Flight Events.
- setup additional computer to relieve FPS pressure on main computer
- Nearly all of the airports I have used (including G class) are much more accurate and realistic layout. No grass or lights on taxi areas.
and so much more. I can simply back up after install+configuration and restore if something messes up. so easy.
Let’s see how MSFS comes out in next few weeks/months in terms of stability, configuration and 3rd party devices integration. Looks like great product but getting over engineered.