Tip: How to get your gauges on your Tablet or other monitor

Boy that’s infuriating to hear, because it is my absolute favorite app I’ve found for this sim.

I’ve done 5 complete uninstall/install’s, and I still can’t get the sim to load past 50%.

Are you sure it doesn’t install ANYTHING into MSFS2020 files? I mean, I have to take your word on it, because I’ve been scouring the game files, and can’t find anything.

FSUIPC is a completely independent interface that’s been around forever now. It talks to MSFS (or FSX prior) via SimConnect. There’s no direct plugin required for it to work with MSFS. It runs independently and uses SimConnect. And the PiexConnect doesn’t talk to MSFS either. All it does is act as the Wi-Fi bridge between your tablet and your PC. It talks to FSUIPC on behalf of your tablet since there’s no way to wi-fi directly into FSUIPC.

I wish I had some answers for you as to what could be wrong.

Well, you got me to stop looking through program files, so that’s a start…

I Gotta figure this out… Don’t really want to continue flying without the peripherals set up

Air Manager 4 was developed by Sim Innovations specifically for compatibility with MFS. Even before it was released, SI had an unlimited-use free beta that worked perfectly with MFS.
I’m unfamiliar with bad reviews of AM. Everyone seems to rave about it.
For lots more information, watch Russ Barlow’s videos on YouTube. (Russ is the private fellow who worked with SI to develop their Knobster.)

1 Like

Sim Innovations does not mention Garmin bezels in either the 4.1 release notes or the 4.1 Wiki thread. Where did you obtain that information? (I’m certainly hoping it’s factual. It would simplify things immensely.)

Considering I’m using it, yeah, I’d say it’s factual. Lol And it’s in the current version / latest of Air Manager, whatever version number that may be.

That said, I’ve modified their G1000 bezel to fix a couple of issues with some functions not working or not behaving as the real thing. I’ve also added compatibility with the Working Title G1000 NXi’s VNAV function. It works like a dream.

You can download it and my other custom instruments here…

You can see me use it here while demoing the NXi VNAV.

I’ll second that opinion! Air manager is awesome for external touchscreens. Especially the G1000s and CJ4. It can’t help the lacking functionality of touch/mouse response of popped-out G3000/5000 or other Native MSFS panels until they (MS/Asobo) add support for it.

But for bezels, virtual instruments and hardware knobs/switches/LEDs, you can’t beat Air Manager.

And @Crunchmeister71 and others have done awesome work to integrate MSFS functionality into what seems like an X-plane ecosystem. I’ve done a bunch of my own programming/customization too but you don’t really need it if you get the latest .siff files from @Crunchmeister71 and others.

1 Like

I had the same problem about a month ago,every time i got the curser close to anything it lite up in blue and you could not change anything went into general and changed it to legacy ,instead of modern.Its been working just fine ever sense.Hope this will help

Thanks very much !!

actually the detachment of the windows are not optimized we have a drop in FPS from 10 to 15. I opened a ticket

Good luck with that. People have been putting tickets in since before the launch over a year ago. The only thing that’s happened since is it’s gotten worse.

It wasn’t too bad initially. You’d lose about 5 fps for your first pop-out, then 2-3 per window after. Since the VR update last December, it’s an instant 10-15 fps drop the second you pop out a single window. Thankfully, popping out more doesn’t add to that load.

I suspect this was a side effect of adding a second viewport for VR mode.

Thanks for the reply Jodaje I really don’t know anything about ,VR,I saw what you said something about gauges moving around ,I guess in your helmet or goggles you wear .I just thought you might be having a simular problem like I have about with the cursor on my mouse moving the cockpit around when I try to move it around,If it wasn’t for you friends on the sim. we might not ever get this sim like we want it,So far it has been very disappointing,Good luck my friend, I hope you get everything working like you want,corcky37

iDisplay is another app that may work for you… works well for me…

Right click does not work at all in the new version that was a old traid from Flight Sim X

I see in the photo that the PFD has been passed to the tablet including the frame with the keypads of the Garmin 1000. I would appreciate it if you could tell me how you did it, since I can only extract the glass part of PFD and MFD without the frame. Thanks in advance.JB

I use Air Manager for the frame and buttons. Only the screen part is popped out from the sim.

1 Like

NOW I UNDERSTAND! Thank you very much for your answer.

Another shout out for Spacedesk. My normal setup is with 2 monitors and I’m happy with that. However I also have the sim on a laptop and that’s not quite so easy. I have a Fire tablet and with the app downloaded to it I can get a second screen with the laptop, or even a third on the desktop.
However this is on Windows 11, not sure if it works on W10.

Maybe I am missing something. I have space deck installed on my pc and tablet. All I can tell is the spacedeck is just copying my primary screen. I pop out a panel and on my tablet it shows the pop out, but it is the same as my primary screen. So when I move the pop out off my main screen, it moves of the tablet. Help please.