To Beaver or not to Beaver... that is the question

I don’t find it too bad actually. But I’ve spent way too much time flying spitfires and helos in DCS.

Also, I have a 175mm extension on my stick (phrasing!) which helps a lot.

I find the rudder trim is way overly sensitive on everything in this game.

5 Likes

Wonderful addon, you can feel the “premium” nature of it. Also, possibly my favorite interior in MSFS, very nice feeling in the cockpit.

The only thing missing is a payware upgrade that would add “C310-like” maintenance and failure features to it. It already has the working circuit breakers for it! :smiley:

1 Like

I believe they are restricted from these kinds of upgrades because they would compete with their own stock version in sim which MS/Asobo paid them for, and for the exclusivity.

Are the plane and engine sounds very low for others too?
I have to crank the sound way up on this one to hear it.

2 Likes

Agreed, the volume could do with some tweaking. It’s not so low that raising the global volume doesn’t do it, but it could be a bit more by default.

What is the normal groundroll for the Beaver? Used the foat version and with default load of 50% fuel and just the pilots and set map at the first red line and it took of in like almost nothing.

Again, please, we can’t answer any of these questions. Please direct all inquiries to MS/Asobo.

1 Like

Just a shame there appears to be no smoke or heat effects from the exhaust on this one. It’s a stunning looking aircraft otherwise though, really liking this.

Did some Bushflying in Algeria

1 Like

I hope someone does a dark floor mod. Not just this plane, but many, have a glowing floor like there are lights in the footwell. Fly on an overcast day and look down (as you often must in VR). Lovely plane nonetheless. Thank you for the copilot option!

After a few flights, I now appreciate the Twin Otter more, I’ve gone full 180 on both planes.

The Beaver is just too fidgety, trims horribly, the Otter far better behaved and if I could cut one monotonous b# bassoon note in the engine sound it would be all love.

After 250 posts we finally have an answer and that answer is:

TO BEAVER

1 Like

It’s nice that we now already have many good aircraft in the sim so everybody can find his most loved one.

I like this aircraft. My only issue is that the sounds are very low. The real aircraft is very loud and noisy. Need a sound pak.

You could always turn off headphone mode. Engine is plenty loud for me. I like the rattle of the controls and I always use FS Realistic for random squeaks and rattles. Love this plane.

Lovely lighting and scenery but man, -700 fpm touchdown ? That’s brutal ! :wink:

no idea, I don’t use the damage model :rofl: :innocent: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like