To Beaver or not to Beaver... that is the question

You’d be surprised at how many (99.99999%) don’t…

We have two. That will have to do for now.

3 Likes

Do you need me to contact Harrison Ford’s manager?

1 Like

dawn and dusk here - the Golden hours… But hoping for your traditionally good interior lighting for those post dusk ventures

Will he teach you how to land on a taxiway?

1 Like

This is already an old thread, but it used to be the official Milviz Beaver thread. Since MIlviz DHC2 will be released as part of the FS40th anniversary package for free, what about the planned Turbo Beaver?

I remember reading a while back that their goal was to have the -2/2T as well as the -3/3T this year, which at this point seems unlikely given the understandable pace of development. As a deHavilland Canada groupie, I’d rather have the Otters before the Turbo Beaver which is secretly the only DHC product I can’t stand.

I’m a little worried that being released in coop with Microsoft we’ll end up with a decontented version as with Carenado products missing things like tablets and other functionality when released through Local Legends. I’ve been hoping that the Beaver will have the same wear and tear features we see on the 310 and I just hope the release is full-fat Milviz.

2 Likes

The Beaver is going to be a Milviz product but… as we never intended it to have the “full fat” as you called it, it won’t have wear n tear, dirt levels or states etc. That said, it will have the EFB as well as the ability to use 3PD GTN/GPS units.

Also, as we’re not allowed to do derivatives, there will be no Turbo Beaver. Not unless MS ok’s it. (@Jorg?).

For the Otter/Totter… at this time, it is, indeed, our intention to go “full fat”. (I’m gonna co-opt that one if you don’t mind). The code for the 310R, the PC-6 and the Beaver will be thrown into a bag, shaken, poured into a glass, stirred, back into the bag, jumped on, spun around several times whilst the devs do their “incantations” and… bobs your uncle… FULL FAT!

With luck, before Xmas. (This is NOT a promise as things can, and do, happen).

The model is being redone by an expert in the field and, the same coding team that did the Beaver and the Porter AND the 310R will be working it.

10 Likes

I have fond memories of many jumps from a Turbo Beaver. Please work your magic on @Jorg to make it happen! Turbo beaver is an absolute beast of a plane.

166600_493235336371_3942202_n
eo90a
eo90j

Sad news for tbeaver but totter will do. Maybe someday… what is the best way to push @jorg? I hope he sees this and changes his mind about tbeaver.

I don’t know that Colin said they said no, per se… just that they’d (Microsoft/Jorg) would have to give permission.

I could see there could be some marketing issues involved, but I imagine it could be solved. The TBeaver could be seen as a separate product as it is a very different plane, so Milviz could sell it on their own, or… Maybe MS wouldn’t mind adding the TBeaver at a later date… Like… maybe with the Canada World Update coming… ummm… soon :wink:

But, yeah, I imagine some pressure on Jorg for it here in the forums wouldn’t hurt one bit.

4 Likes

We never approached them about it. So, yes, it could be possible. I will have Jim ask Jorg and see… who knows…

Either way, we’re already working on the Otter/Totter…

6 Likes

personally - I’m enthusiastic about the radial Otter. I’d pour some ancient single malt into that bag if it would help matters in any way

3 Likes

You sound apologetic for everyone getting free Beaver.

Stop that.

1 Like

Getting free Beaver is always nice.

13 Likes

Can’t be beat.

Thanks so much for the reply, and “full-fat” is all yours. I can’t wait for all of these products and will fly the wings off them all. The Milviz/Vflyteair Turbo Otter is still one of the finest products in XP even after many years, so having it here with the benefit of the your new IP is a fantastic prospect.

Thanks for the accolades!

1 Like

2 Likes

I think the Beaver is easily the best thing about today’s update (plus heli flight dynamics). Really great job on it!

4 Likes

Really ncie one, however on my x55 even with 20% curves it feels overly sensitive, trim is quite sensitive too. Gives bad Kodiak vibes that bit.

But it looks and sounds amazing