Thought I would post my experience on VR. Keep it short and simple:
- Avid flight simmer for many years
- Excited when heard the news of the new MSFS
- In anticipation of the new MSFS got a new rig…AMD Ryzen 3900XT, RTX 2080Ti, 32GB ram
- Skeptical when VR support was first announced
- Reading posts on how more realistic and immersive VR was starting thinking more seriously about it
- Once released I jumped on the bandwagon and purchased an HP Reverb G2 HMD and wow was amazed at how immersive it really was but found the tweaking down on graphics settings was killing the reality factor for me
- Determined to enhance my VR experience, I went ahead an upgraded my rig with an AMD Ryzen 5600X, RTX 3090
- VR is now much more fluid and better looking as I am able to tweak up some graphic settings but not totally satisfied with the overall visual clarity and reduced rendering attributes of the sim in VR as well as always fiddling around with my peripherals like having a blindfold on !
*Decided to do a flight in 2D PC mode with everything on Ultra and WOW the sim really shines
- So amazed with MSFS in 2D Ultra I had to look twice at my VR headset sitting idle
Not complaining at all and overall very happy with my MSFS experience so far. Yes it has set me back a few bucks but now has me wondering what will it take to run this sim in VR Ultra mode? With ongoing development and performance improvements, I guess time will tell…
Thanks for reading.