Tobii eye tracker pause button, please

I also have TrackIR 5, and I love it’s “pause” (freeze) function. That is the function that we would like with Tobii.

1 Like

And this is already included in the tobii game hub options. Just not working with MSFS.

Let’s hope that Tobii at FlightSimExpo 2023 on the Microsoft booth is a good sign of future improvement(s)? If someone at Houston has the opportunity to collect news from Tobii

Source: Microsoft Flight Simulator at FlightSimExpo 2023

3 Likes

We’d love to meet as many of you as possible. We’ll have eye trackers available to test in both the MSFS and Thrustmaster booth that is right next by. See you there!

/Jonas
Senior Community Manager
Tobii Gaming

2 Likes

Has the Pause function been implemented yet? I have just received my Tobii, the lack of being able to look at parts of the cockpit and then freeze head tracking to manipulate buttons and switches is a showstopper for me. It beats the whole purpose of head tracking. TracKIR has this functionality. I don’t understand how such a fundamental capability can be overlooked during development.

1 Like

Hello,

I just received the Tobii eye tracker. Simple installation, configuration: I followed the info from the post Settings & Setup guide for the Tobii Eye Tracker 5. RAS.

However, I join this discussion to be surprised that there is not an MSFS or Tobii keyboard shortcut to freeze the screen in order to allow basic settings during a VFR/IFR flight: (radio, Qnh , ALT, FLC, etc.) .
Cordially,

1 Like

The Toggle Head Button does (not bound by default) disable it in MSFS. Unfortunately it doesn’t freeze the camera in the direction you were looking. If you have feature requests please share with us but also make sure the devs see it here in the forum. We’d love to make some updates and also sort some QoL things!

/Jonas
Senior Community Manager
Tobii Gaming

4 Likes

I contacted “Tobii” to ask them if the motion freeze function existed in MSFS (it is present in Xplane). Tobii answered me very quickly and courteously ( :heart_eyes:) that this function does not exist in MSFS because all “Tobii” commands go through Asobo.
But they didn’t tell me that the Toggle Head Button disables “Tobii”. It works, thanks for the info. :+1:

One suggestion would be to include MSFS in the Game Hub app, even though it’s native in MSFS. That way, we could have that function. If this works in TrackIR, and has worked since forever and a day, it should work with MSFS.

3 Likes

Has there been any progress on this? I’ve learned that when using Tobii in DCS you need to run Tobii Game Hub in which you control all of the sensitivity settings and there is an option to turn off “Auto Center” when toggling the tracker so that when you toggle it off it freezes in the view you are currently looking at. In MSFS there is a “Head Tracking Auto-Center” function that can be set to ether 0 or 1 but it doesn’t seem to do anything regardless of hw you set it.

2 Likes

Like I suggested earlier, I think the easiest solution might be to just include MSFS in the Game Hub even though it’s native to MSFS. That way, people can have the option of using Tobii with the Game Hub or not.

1 Like

I don’t think you can do that. If you click on MSFS in Game Hub it just says that control is native, there’s no option to use Hub as control.

I know this. That’s why I’m requesting that they (the Tobii team) include it so people can have a choice of either running MSFS natively or running it through Game Hub, or both.

1 Like

If you use facetracknoir with tobii you have the ability to pause