Tobii Eye Tracking needs configuration options

Small update: The dev team is currently working with Tobii Eyetracker to bring configuration settings to the sim.

21 Likes

Much appreciated @Jummivana - the additional config is definitely needed after a good start.

1 Like

That is awesome news - thank you.

Thatā€™s awesome news. The biggest feature would be disabling eye tracking. Itā€™s very difficult to change altitude or headings while looking at the knob and keep an eye on the pfdā€¦. As of now tobi is only good for vfr flying.

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget the full 6 DOF.

5 Likes

Just to follow up on this. I would love the following items in this priority:

1. Full 6 Degrees of freedom so we can move our view point around the cockpit and get closer to instruments etc.
  2. The ability to to toggle or disable eye tracking while retaining the head tracking.
  3. The ability to tweak curves or sensitivity.

Looking forward to what is added in the future - hopefully not too far down the road.

6 Likes

Just bought Tobii 5. Seems like a nice product. Sadly I find it to be unusable with MSFS2020 as it is implemented now. No configuration options and only 3DOF.
Facetracknoir can be used with Tobii but it creates sluggish and stuttering movement.

Thanks for info, have been thinking of Tobii as option when not using VR, guess that is on hold until MS/Asobo add more functionality to MSFS to support 6DOF
Thanks

1 Like

Yup, I would recommend avoiding FaceTrackNoIR as while it works, the experience just isnā€™t ready for prime time. I would suggest either sticking with native implementation without the full 6 DOF tracking or holding off until the additional tracking/options are implemented by Asobo.

1 Like

great news that the team is working on config settings but any idea when its gonna be live in MSFS2020?

1 Like

Iā€™m an old but serious flight ā€œsimmerā€.
I tried 2 VR headsets and they make me very sickā€“sent them back.
I tried the popular TrackIR Version 5 and I donā€™t like all the ā€œfiddlingā€ and wearing hats or headphones.
I tried the Tobii Eye Tracker V5 and am very impressed!
No headgear, no wires, really tracks well for what it can do with it so far.
GREAT promise, but it absolutely needs more features and controls in MSFS 2020.
My 65 year old eyes donā€™t like how ā€œquickā€ my view dances around the screen.
If this could be controlled I would consider this the best device I have added to my experience recently.
I use a 49" curved 2K monitor and I truly need some ā€œtuningā€ when using this device.
I am very excited to hear this awesome piece of tech is being worked on more for such a beautiful flight simulator!
Thank you so much :wink:

Iā€™ve also got Tobii Eye Tracker 5 and I have been using FaceTrackNoIR V200 to tweak sensitivity.

My sensitivity settings(Iā€™ve disabled Roll in the sensitivity settings):

You can tweak the sensitivities to your liking. You could do this until they implement more configuration options in MSFS.

1 Like

amazing ! very good news

Configuration options are in the Release Notes of SU8!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-8-release-notes-1-23-9-0/496878

1 Like

Although the Release Notes say, ā€œA new Tobii setting menu has been added,ā€ it doesnā€™t really say what ā€œconfiguration optionsā€ have been added. For example, will we be able to to disable Eye tracking specifically, but leave Head tracking?

There is some insight toward the end of this thread, given by an SU8 Beta tester:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/making-tobii-eye-tracker-work-with-su7

Jim-Sim

Super, ich freue mich :slight_smile:

kann man Eyetracking im msfs2020 deaktivieren ?

Just bought tobii Eye Tracker yesterday, and Iā€™m loving it in DCS with all the options available in GameHub. So, I came to MSFS today and couldnā€™t believe that we donā€™t have the same configurations available here. No 6 DOF? No enable/disable hotkey? No way to disable eye tracking?
Seriously, this is not good. I hope this gets attention very soon.

I just received my Tobii a few days ago and really like it, it adds a lot to the sim I think. I used to have a Track IR but didnā€™t like having to wear the headgear all the time. Although I echo all the previous requests for sensitivity adjustments/eye track disabling, 6DOF etc., Itā€™ll be great when those functions come along integral to the sim, I dont want to have to deal with yet another application/tool that needs to be started up before I can start the sim. I bound the H key to ā€œTOGGLE HEAD TRACKINGā€ in the control options so I can quickly turn on/off head tracking, H was bound to engine anti-ice or something like that by default, which I didnā€™t ever use.

Did you find a way to recenter the Tobii view like we can with TrackIR?