Toggle hiding instrument gauges in external view

Is there a key combination to hide the instruments while in external view?
If not this would be a nice future change request. A key that would toggle this would be a great improvement unless this already exists but I am not aware that it is.

No hot key but you can go to OPTIONS>GENERAL>CAMERA>CHASE CAMERA>INSTERUMENT HEADS-UP DISPLAY.

1 Like

Old thread, but it would be great if there was a button to hide this quickly in external view (labels and instruments) to be able to take screenshots. It’s rather annoying to have to enter options and click around just for the sake of a screenshot.

2 Likes

I too think this would be a welcome addition.

2 Likes

There’s a mod that does that actually… I’ve been using it and it works great.
It’s mod # 5 in this list - [uimod]-mugz-hiddenhud

I’m sure this is a wishlist item. The simplest way is press insert then c to switch to the drone camera whilst still controlling the plane. To get the instruments back press insert again. C is a toggle, so you only have to press it once. Pressing insert then goes back and forward between instruments and no instruments at will.

Edit: if you have used the drone camera on that flight you might need to reset the position of it to be the default behind plane position from the top menu bar - camera - showcase camera - reset position

Yep,
There is a wishlist item for outside the cockpit:

and another one for inside the cockpit:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/hide-panel/245738

1 Like