Toggle Landing Cockpit mode not working after update

“Toggle Landing Cockpit mode” view no longer works for me since the latest update. It was working fine day before yesterday.

I have tested the joystick and assigned the command to other keys/buttons to no avail.

I have removed all addons and still got the same result.

Any ideas how I can fix it?

I had the same problem. Another user posted his solution, which worked for me. Bind to “Toggle Landing Cockpit Mode (HOLD)” instead. Works exactly the same as the recently broken binding used to. Go figure.

2 Likes

Thanks. Will give this a shot.

Thank you so much, that solved the problem!

Off the top of my head I don’t know what my yokes hat switch is bound to, but all the views worked as expected. Pilot up to landing, then down to close, and down again to instrument view. Side views, and quarter views also worked okay. I didn’t need to change any bindings. They were set up for me when the sim found my yoke.

Just returned to the game after quite some time and discovered this problem, so it clearly hasn’t been fixed yet. Furthermore, after some investigation, I’ve determined that not only does TOGGLE LANDING COCKPIT MODE (HOLD) do what TOGGLE LANDING COCKPIT MODE is supposed to do, but TOGGLE VFR COCKPIT MODE does what TOGGLE LANDING COCKPIT MODE (HOLD) is supposed to do. The other VFR mode option doesn’t seem to do anything either. The IFR modes are working normally. No idea how many other actions are mixed up.

I just submitted a support ticket laying this all out. Anyone else having an issue should do the same.

1 Like

@GreatGreyBeast The solution to use hold instead has stopped working in SU8. Neither the hold nor toggle work now. How can this simple stuff be so broken and become even more broken?

1 Like

Topic Author selected solution.

After the latest SU8 Update , i can confirm that the :
Toggle Landing Cockpit Mode !
Is Not Working !!
Also i have assigned a key to Set the Altimeter , and it does Not Work either !!
Any idea what is going On ?

You need to separate these into 2 seperate bugs please, then we can vote them up!

1 Like

Did you check to see if the bindings had been changed by the update?

1 Like

All my settings are the Same !!

I did some additional checks and i found out that in order for my Landing Cockpit Mode to work as before ,
i had to assign Toggle IFR Cockpit Mode ( Hold ) together with Toggle Landing Cockpit Mode (Hold) on the Same Button ( I have an X52 Pro Joystick ) !!
Also for my Altimeter setting to work as before i had to assign , Set Altimeter setting and KOLLSMAN Set Altimeter … Same Button in my Joystick !

2 Assignments for each One .

Now they are working Fine !!

1 Like

Toggle Landing Cockpit Mode is still broken. It got broke in SU-8 Beta.
It was reported numerous times in SU-8 Beta.

It would help specify your hardware as I have never had an issue with this or seen anyone else with this issue. It could be a 3rd party software or your hardware conflicting somehow.

It doesn’t work using a Keyboard or HOTAS.
Use the search function in the forums. You will see many results reporting this issue.

Hi

Can anyone confirm that the assignments for “Landing Cockpit Mode (Hold)” and “Landing Cockpit Mode” under “Cockpit Cameras” in the “Controls” section are still inoperative?
Those two assignments haven’t been working at all since SU8 and are still inoperative for me, no matter whether I assign them to a joystick, mouse or keyboard.

In all my Camera Mods for different airplanes I always tried to give the virtual pilot a higher and closer viewpoint over the aircraft’s nose with this view to improve visibility. And without it landing has become quite a bit more difficult.

1 Like

They still don’t work…

1 Like

You could also make a custom view to do the same.