Too intrusive "Connection lost" message

Most of the time when that box pops up I can’t even use my mouse, awful

2 Likes

Since SU12 this message is even worse. I can’t even click it to send it away and the sim crashes.

BUMP.

I recently noticed the CL message causes the sim to go into active pause where you wont get out of it anymore by pressing the assigned keys or using the flow button. You have to quit MSFS. So, the message takes the sim down 100%.

great job Asobo.

1 Like

I tried out your tip. I deleted all flightsimulator.exe related entries and accepted the new request when starting. But in my case that did not solve the issue. I still get “Connection Lost” popup dialogs.

Hey - sorry this didn’t work out for you - your mileage obviously did vary! The only thing I did differently was to perform a full reset to default settings (I was being nagged to do this anyway by Windows 11 after recently upgrading from Windows 10). I’ve been really struggling with this connection lost popup and multi players disappearing and reappearing for ages (including after I upgraded to Windows 11). The fact that this seems much better now led me to believe that the firewall was at fault (especially since there were so many entries for FlightSimulator.exe as this might explain why it’s been getting slowly worse since the original release).

In today’s dev blog this is finally listed with a target! It says fix is planned for AAU2. Unfortunately the development roadmap is stuck in the stoneage so no idea when AAU2 is expected to drop but at least there’s an end to the tunnel even if we can’t see it yet.

3 Likes

Awesome news,thanks! :smiley:

AAU 2 is expected in June.

2 Likes

When this is fixed, could we have an option to restore the big intrusive message? I prefer it that way, it’s unequivocal.

That is hilarious! :rofl:

1 Like

I’m fully serious

I have this now where i have absolutely no way of closing this annoying popup!! all my inputs freeze and my plane just continues flying towards the ground, it’s infuriating! I have to hope that connection is restored before hitting the ground so i can take back control. my mouse cursor disappears and there is no way of closing it with the keyboard!!! MSFS FIX THIS PLEASE!!!

3 Likes

At least give us the option to close the messages out! My mouse never works when these pops up as I said in my previous post, and it seems others are facing similar issues too. When the connection drop, controlling the plane becomes impossible as controls are all locked - INCLUDING the mouse! Which means everytime that popup occurs a full game restart is required.

1 Like

I had a single disconnect over the weekend. I got the pop-up, clicked the warning message away, then a few seconds later I got the green re-reconnected alert. I checked my data settings, and everything was still on.

I think that’s the first time I have seen it this year.

I had that too.

I also got it on the weekend. I think that the servers get busy on the weekend.

I think the 2 biggest issues are:

• Too intrusive pop-up. A smaller connection icon in the corner when bandwidth is too low or not available would suffice.
  • The sim turning off its streaming settings automatically. This should remain on, with the icon above advising of the connection state if not sufficient. That would also allow it to automatically reconnect once it improved, without user intervention.

Of course if the user had chosen to turn off streaming, notification icons would not be shown as that was what the user intended.

Hopefully we get some resolution in the next couple of sim updates!

5 Likes

I agree with all of that. A soft off, rather than hard off, that will auto resolve itself once connection is re-established.

2 Likes

Even better IMO would just be an amber or red dot/square in the corner, but I feel some users may need a little more detail.
No need to pause the sim, or even have it interactable. Just a notification suffices.

To remove the notification, go into the settings to turn the data streaming off. Easy.

6 Likes

This was discussed on the dev livestream today. Martial mentioned they have changed the http request to try and and reduce the problem, and added some telemetry to try and understand it. He didn’t mention anything about fixing the modal dialog though so I’m left wondering if we’re stuck with that for even longer. I hope not!

4 Likes