Toolbar broken in VR

I managed to repro it. If I leave the center of my view on a window or menu, I can’t do anything but move the yoke.
Thanks for the thread, I added my vote.

@smitty9792 @Flobud

fortunateley they where able to reproduce the error:

3 Likes

Question without notice: I’m not part of the Beta test however I have not been in the sim for the last couple of days. I just attempted to fly from LFPG on runway 27L and as I was generating speed down the runway the aircraft just stopped and I got a message that I had collided with an object (there was nothing on the runway) and crashed. Tried to return to the main menu and CTD. Previous to the test version being released I had no issues, no CTD’s and my VR was working really well (with the hotfix of turning on camera cockpit home view to access toolbar). Would this test version be affecting the normal game version?

I have not used VR for a while. Surprise! I plan a nice night flight, click “fly” and find the ATC screen LOCKED open in the center of my view. I can’t close it, I can’t move it, and I can’t open any other toolbar menu items with the mouse.

Not wanting to have to read through 478 posts about the bug, is their a cure for this? Or, is VR unusable now?

Thanks.

Click Left Ctrl + 0. Then you can use the mouse to remove the panel. It”s a known workaround for a problem that is expected to be fixed shortly.

They released the beta for Steam also.
So if you really itch to fly in VR before the official patch, I strongly recommend the beta.

The rudder & throttle freeze is still in effect. I don’t know if there will be a hotfix for the beta (really doubt it) but that should be fixed for the production release.

Check the release notes for the beta

2 Likes

Has it fixed the vr issues?

It has for me (Rift S) with Locking interactions and with home cockpit disabled.

It introduced a new bug (if your mouse hovers over a window, the rudder and throttle are unresponsive). It’s annoying, but the workaround is to just move the mouse cursor out of the window after using it.

It’s not perfect, but It makes the sim usable again in VR.

Give it a go. The more of us testing and giving feedback the better the patch will be in production.

1 Like

No.

HP RG2. Mouse or controllers cannot controll toolbar.

I am sorry, but this workaround doesn`t work for me. I use WMR.

Do you mean ctrl-0 doesn’t work for you or did the Beta not fix this issue for you?

1 Like

I’m using WMR as well. Should work for you. Make sure you are using the left CTRL key and the top row 0, not the number pad.

I just tested the (Steam) beta and that fixed it for me (G2 Reverb). No more pressing ctrl-0, yay :slight_smile:
BTW the issue where the throttle doesn’t work when the mouse is over a window - i had that issue directly after the SU7 update so that’s not a Beta version issue.

2 Likes

MisterEDET, I meant both. Before hotfix CTRL+0 was not working. After hotfix , CTRL+0 still does nothing . This is strange becouse so many people find this work around usefull.

CTRL-0 worked for me, but when starting a flight I had to press ctrl-0 to be able to click away the logbook and atc windows that somehow pop open everytime I start a flight. But then for example my recenter-VR button didn’t work and I had to press ctrl-o again.
While typing this I realize that that might also be of the bug where buttons/throttle don’t work when the mouse is hovering over a window or over the throttle control in the plane…

Anyway, after installing the latest beta the mouse-not-working issue has been fixed. i still have the issue where controls don’t work if the mouse is hovering over a windows or the throttle, but that is only a minor issue, it’s not much of a problem to move the mouse away from the window.

So just to be clear - you have the latest beta installed, have a G2 and you still can’t click things in the toolbar or close windows?

Thanks. It got rid of the ATC box so I was able to enjoy a flight this evening. I look forward to that bug fix so I can get the toolbar menu back and working properly. Seems like every time they “fix” something, something else ends up broken. Glad MS designs games and not real aircraft. :rofl:

Thank you MisterEDET. I found out that I was using wrong “0” for the combination. When using proper one (not on num pad) this work around works! Mouse works after that and controler from R G2

Currently I do not have beta.

FWIW, the CTRL-0 workaround only works in aircraft with fewer than 9 pre-defined instrument views. I had to mod the grand caravan (for example) to make it work.

Perfect! If you have the steamversion it’s only 2 mouseclicks to chose the Beta version and then you don’t need to press ctrl-0 each time.

:+1: Please help, how can I get the beta version?

1 Like