Toolbar broken in VR

Does anybody know when the toolbar will work again.

Frustration is to be expected amongst users when nearly 4 weeks on this game breaking issue is still not fixed, worst of all the ā€œnewā€ bug in the Beta related to this hasnā€™t been fixed in that eitherā€¦and then the TrackIR users whose bug in beta is fixed still donā€™t have a Hotfix released for those not in the betaā€¦

ā€¦come on MS/Asobo, this needs to be better.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve stopped flying altogether since they broke vr toolbar. Iā€™ve lost interest flying a broken sim. Shocking that theyā€™ve not releases a hot fix or even worse still, forcing a broken su update into the world when everything was working for vr users.

4 Likes

Well, using the beta has made VR flyable again. Apart from making sure you dont leave the mouse over an open pop up window.
Tempting to jsut stay on the beta and not change back when there is an updateā€¦dont know if that will work, but if it did, it would mean not being forced into the next broken SU

With 1.21.18.0 the Navigation Menu in Bushtrips still doesnā€™t show. It is clickable in the Toolbar, but the window doensnā€™t open. So Bushtrips in VR are not possible. Can anyone else confirm that to? My specs: Reverbe G2 with 3080 and Open XR (latest version from MS store).

the problem with bushtrips, is that they start with some windows (map + Navlog) in a ā€œvisibleā€ status, but you canā€™t see them in VR ! thatā€™s why if you try to open the map for exp, the toolbar doesnā€™t seem to do anything, you need to switch to 2D display, close them all, then revert back to VR to find an operational toolbar.

1 Like

Amen to this totally, if I did this at work Id be sacked.

How do I install the beta? Iā€™ve heard some people are getting even worse problems with it, is there a way to revert back if such is the case

To opt in beta install Xbox Insider App via MS Store. Toolbar is now working in beta. Unfortunately I still have to take the batteries out of the Touch controllers because otherwise my yoke and pedals interrupts input, mouse is not working etc. World map is still broken too. I bought a working game, and now I canā€™t play it for almost a month. Iā€™m not surprised that people are frustrated.

I read beta is still broken when mouse pointer is over the toolbar. Not really a fix is it if u have to do another work around. Like u say, I be sacked if I did this at work. Iā€™d be long gone.

To be honest I did not even need vr controller support. How many actually fly with vr controllers? Just buy a yoke, throttle and rudder. Job done. I was 100% happy with the Mouse.

8 Likes

If they were working, they would be a great addition. On XPlane they really add a lot to the VR experience. Not for the yoke, but for all the cockpit controls.

1 Like

I fly with a yoke and pedals and VR controllers for the rest in X-Plane.

If they could make the same functionality in MSFS that would be great but what they have done is not that.

1 Like

@Adnanso
many thanks for your reply, it actually works! Is this a know error known to Asobo or is this working as designed/intended?

Definitely a bug IMHO, but I donā€™t know if Asobo is aware of itā€¦

Me too. Iā€™ve never seen such a weak development ever. Weeks leaving their customers grounded. I spent 700 on this headset just to play the Deluxe edition of MSFS and I canā€™t even play because I canā€™t click on anything!

1 Like

Try the provided workarounds here, I am able to fly in VR with the workaround (with Reverb G2) - without beta access - but I donā€™t have fun anymore to point on the workarounds provided here in the topic.

Scroll a bit up and try my workaround.
I can click everything, just a few keyboard shortcuts are not working, but you can enjoy VR.

1 Like

Hi
In VR Mode with Update 7, The toolbar do not work
When i test run with Yoke button (programming for atc, navlog, ā€¦) windows display but do not change position with mouse or Vr controller
You have the same bug ??

Use the BETA release version described above. I had exactly the same issue and the BETA resolved all of those VR problems with not being able to use the VFR, ATC, etc windows or move them.

BETA fixed almost all of the VR mouse windows issues. Yes, you do need to move the mouse pointer off the ATC, VFR Map, etc windows to get the flight contols to work, but a minor issue vs not being able to use the ATC menu at all or move them.