Toolbar broken in VR

I’m using WMR as well. Should work for you. Make sure you are using the left CTRL key and the top row 0, not the number pad.

I just tested the (Steam) beta and that fixed it for me (G2 Reverb). No more pressing ctrl-0, yay :slight_smile:
BTW the issue where the throttle doesn’t work when the mouse is over a window - i had that issue directly after the SU7 update so that’s not a Beta version issue.

2 Likes

MisterEDET, I meant both. Before hotfix CTRL+0 was not working. After hotfix , CTRL+0 still does nothing . This is strange becouse so many people find this work around usefull.

CTRL-0 worked for me, but when starting a flight I had to press ctrl-0 to be able to click away the logbook and atc windows that somehow pop open everytime I start a flight. But then for example my recenter-VR button didn’t work and I had to press ctrl-o again.
While typing this I realize that that might also be of the bug where buttons/throttle don’t work when the mouse is hovering over a window or over the throttle control in the plane…

Anyway, after installing the latest beta the mouse-not-working issue has been fixed. i still have the issue where controls don’t work if the mouse is hovering over a windows or the throttle, but that is only a minor issue, it’s not much of a problem to move the mouse away from the window.

So just to be clear - you have the latest beta installed, have a G2 and you still can’t click things in the toolbar or close windows?

Thanks. It got rid of the ATC box so I was able to enjoy a flight this evening. I look forward to that bug fix so I can get the toolbar menu back and working properly. Seems like every time they “fix” something, something else ends up broken. Glad MS designs games and not real aircraft. :rofl:

Thank you MisterEDET. I found out that I was using wrong “0” for the combination. When using proper one (not on num pad) this work around works! Mouse works after that and controler from R G2

Currently I do not have beta.

FWIW, the CTRL-0 workaround only works in aircraft with fewer than 9 pre-defined instrument views. I had to mod the grand caravan (for example) to make it work.

Perfect! If you have the steamversion it’s only 2 mouseclicks to chose the Beta version and then you don’t need to press ctrl-0 each time.

:+1: Please help, how can I get the beta version?

1 Like

Steam version - In steam go to Library, rightclick on Microsoft Flight simulator (in the games list on the left side), go to properties. In that menu you choose Beta and there you can select the beta in the dropdown box.

1 Like

Beta makes in my case also big problems!

1. It crashes when I activate a VR controller.
  2. I start in VR outside the plane (on a wing) and recenter doesn’t work with the space bar :-/
  3. It loads sooooo slow after the U7 updates.

How is it possible to break a working VR-Mode like this???

1 Like

There must be something wrong with your version because none of us has those issues. :thinking:

No, I am not alone with the VR Camera reset issue.

There are more glitches. Since the update, moving the trim also move the roll axis for me. Also, yesterday the VR control “beam” was frozen in one position while flying (and working fine in the menu). Last time it was working, though… And other glitches here and there, sometimes they happen, sometimes they don’t.
It seem to me that this update has been rushed out, it has broken many things that were working before.

Jesus they should just refund us vr users our money back, ■■■■ near everytime they socalled,“update” this thing it completely screws us VR players for weeks on end, it’s clear we are being seen as the second or third degree market and the releases of these broken updates for VR users are just feeling like quick afterthoughts, this sim is amazing for most but is SUCKS for the vast majority of us VR simmers who keep getting these broken," UPDATES!!!???" :angry: :angry:

4 Likes

And you think, to be aggressive will solve the issue?
Dont get me wrong I’m also upset about the last updates and what happened with VR - but your behavior will not solve it.

Repor the bugs via Zendesk and vote the issues here in the forum will help all the most Asobo/MS and us - the customers

hey Guys just seen this post. so my toolbar is not working in the vr. It was till untill the update. So will we have to wait till they do a new update to fix this?

Unfortunately, we do…

hopefully it wont be long thanks for the info!!!

actually the answer is no! this bug was fixed in the Beta version which is available to everyone, just opt in and enjoy :wink: