Toolbar windows are narrow and don't remember their position

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

All toolbar windows open very narrow. You can resize and move them, but the next time you open a window it goes back to the original position and is narrow again. NOTE: I checked in flat screen mode (not VR) and the toolbar windows behave normally. When I switch from the normal mode back into VR, the window will be closed even if I left it open. And of course I then open the window and it’s narrow again.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Here’s a comparison. The first picture is the narrow state right after choosing the windows from the toolbar. The second photo is a normal state after they have been resized. Note that after closing the resized windows, they will reopen narrow and will have moved back to the original position.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just open windows from the toolbar. Resize them. Close them. Reopen them.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I concur, new bug as of 1.25.7.0. All toolbar windows need to be resized to be usable upon opening.

2 Likes

Yes

Started 1.125.7.0

1 Like

Agreed. 1.125.7.0 caused this…

Yes

Good picture. You captured a window that’s so narrow even the minimize and close buttons are not accessible. That happens to me too.

1 Like

A video of the issue. Also posted in the mouse-lag thread.

1 Like

Since latest 3rd beta SU9 I have to make ATC or any other window wider to see the text to select in VR. I akways have to make it wider

YES

Also, if your mouse is on any open window, the zoom function won’t work and the ability to answer ATC using keyboard numbers 1-9 will not function.

I didn’t think that they could make this “feature” more funny, be glad the window is not upside down so you would have to rotate the head to read the text :rofl:

Really, i was in the hope that they fix this Windows bug, but instead they extended it :roll_eyes: :rofl:

Oh well, good thing is the lightning on ground is now visible and i don’t have to drive on the taxiways blind :relaxed:
And also the performance seems to be better.

1 Like

It’s so disheartening to me. You participate in the SU9 beta, you find a bug like this which totally ruins the flying experience, you report the bug taking your time to take photos and document the issue… all to help them make a better product… and they don’t fix it.

We’re VR users and we’ve learned they don’t give a hoot about us :sob: I reported 2 other VR bugs as well and they didn’t fix them either. Do you think I’m inclined to help them again?

2 Likes

To the OP…I have the exact same problem in VR.

Yes

OP sums it up pretty well

n/a

This. There have been issues in VR for months. Some are “logged” but we see no fixes in updates. Hoping SU10 has major VR fixes/updates.

If we dont see any improvements for VR in SU10 im pretty sure they are done with VR…Every SU breaks something and we have to wait 2 months for a fix for something thats broke from a previuos update , As they dont release hotfixes these days :frowning:

Some months ago i did read about a new sim, which looked really promising. Forgot the name, but maybe it will be an alternative. It’s all about the “hope”, it’s the same in real live, they install an opposition in politics so people have hope.

Well, if there is no change this year i do not hope and will look somewhere else. :roll_eyes:

As you said, its obvious already that these updates break alot of things that worked before. Wonder how difficult it is to fix this stupid window bug :grin:

Same issue here after most recent update.

Yes, just launch the sim, enter VR and open any in game panel.

For me, they not only open very narrow but they spawn in the upper left corner of my vision (so around the upper left corner of the windshield). I’m using WMR, G2 and OpenXR toolkit. Every time a window is closed and reopen it will resize and move back to the corner.

1 Like

Yes

Exactly as OP described, same issue here

yes

windows in VR used to remain in the remembered position when re-activated.