Top Gun film delayed, DLC as well?

Delayed to 2022, can’t imagine the DLC will come out in November now but ya never know.

2 Likes

was about to post that as well

May 27th is kinda far…

1 Like

Hopefully they can still add proper support for super sonic flight so that 3rd party devs can take advantage of it.

3 Likes

Oh man… I’m so itching to see that movie. It’s delayed almost 3 years by then.

1 Like

Maybe that’s why they’ve got Reno DLC planned so soon :thinking:

2 Likes

Movie delayed cause projectors CTDs.
Waiting hotfix

21 Likes

I can’t see them releasing the DLC before the movie. They were very clear in the announcement that this was to be released in concert with the movie. Now people will have to wait till next spring to be disappointed to find out that the planes won’t have armaments and there won’t be any dogfighting.

9 Likes

Why no dogfighting?
I’m not aware that they actually shoot each other down at TOP GUN, Red flag etc.

2 Likes

Yeah jorg said they couldn’t say anything until the film is out on the xbox showcase. Or something along those lines. So you’re right.

Ugh dam it. I mean I am glad we have so many great add ons that fill the space but this is so annoying. The partnership probably cursed Top Gun. I mean has anything MSFS not had a delay in past 6 months?!

2 Likes

You can hit Mach 2 on the Eurofighter from the market place

Definitely this. With the upcoming Hawk T1 and IndiaFoxEcho F35 there are two great fast jets coming to the sim. I know the Hawk isn’t supersonic but the F35 is. It would be great if Asobo could just make the sim properly supersonic. Also DC Designs Concord is penned in for later this year too.

Loads of movies are being delayed at the moment. James Bond too. For obvious reasons I think.

1 Like

You can yes, but that doesn’t mean to say the physics are correct, which they’re not, because they haven’t been implemented yet :wink:

4 Likes

Film delayed as the DLC for MSFS won’t be ready by then? :wink:

2 Likes

Its definitely disappointing news. I was looking forward to seeing Asobo’s own F18. I bet it looks pretty impressive, together with the aircraft carrier. From the trailer it looks like there’s some pretty cool looking (and presumably fictitious) hypersonic spy plane too.

I presume there’s new gameplay elements to go with it all. Carrier landing challenges probably.

Longer wait for it all now anyway. :frowning:

One would hope that if the DLC is (likely) delayed with the Film, that we would still get some of the benefits from it in November anyway. Things like proper carrier landings in the SDK for modders to play with, the actual code for Supersonic flight for example.

2 Likes

I know. It was a joke.

1 Like

Something is missing from this thread…

7 Likes

Bond is still on for October release (at time of writing…)

1 Like

I think everything has been put on hold to focus on the Longitude :joy::joy: