Top Gun Maverick - Countdown Numbers and Go Not Disappearing

Asobo seem to think that a workaround is the same as a solution and there’s nothing to fix.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

N/A

Brief description of the issue:

Appeared on Topgun display recently.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Yes

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Any scenario in Topgun

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Within the last 2 weeks

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

N/A

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Sorry I posted this incorrectly… the fix was spot on. I thought the image looked like an x-box or some controller. Not the word “go”. Thanks for the reply…

YES

have windows screen scaling set to 125% and additionally enlarge the display of fonts up to 140%. I Have a screen resolution of 1920x1080. I am on the latest build of MSFS, including the 40th aniversary update.

Edit: i tried the mentioned workaround, which seems to fix it for me.

Still we are waiting for a real fix, as having to keep menue animations active makes this preferences option (= to be able to deactivate menue animations) pretty useless.

According to a community manager, this bug was fixed at some point but then got broken again. I’ve never observed it working properly.

No special steps are needed to reproduce it other than 1) turn off menu animations, 2) do a Maverick low-altitude challenge.

It would be nice if the bug could at least be listed on the known issues page.

1 Like

I got the same issue with the Reno Countdown clock. The numbers just wrote over the top of the old numbers, without removing the old numbers first.
Not run the Reno stuff in ages, in fact I don’t even have it taking up space on my Drive anyone - so don’t know if it is still an issue.

Hey folks thanks for the workaround to this annoying bug, I got the XBOX X to play this one game, and now I have a fix, cheers!

Yes

I have a 5120x1440 widescreen monitor. And I have the Display/Make Fonts bigger set to 110%, and the Make Everything Bigger set to 125%. But the 1, 2, 3, GO are all centered on the screen correctly. But they just don’t disappear…

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post was merged into the topic.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No
Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes
Brief description of the issue:

The countdown and go never goes away after starting. both in the external and cockpit view
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

AMD Ryzen 7 5700 Gforce RTX 3060 Ti 64GB 32000mhz MSI MPG X570S Edge MAX WiFi Gaming Motherboard

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

When I first installed the top gun missions about 3 months ago v10 and whatever graphic setting I change it’s still the same view. I was hoping it would go after the last update.

Is there some way bugs can be marked as ‘acknowledged’ by the MSFS team meaning other users can avoid spending time sharing screenshots / stating that they have the issue. Which might be a waste of their time if the MSFS team accepts and acknowledges the bug?

1 Like

Hello @mark007777,

If you see a thread marked with either the #feedback-logged or #bug-logged tags (as this one is), then it means it has been acknowledged by the MSFS team and entered into our internal bug tracking tool.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

1 Like

This bug reappeared?

For me (Software Dev) this is a clear hint that I need to change something in my code!
Maybe the code got to complicated, just because the project crowed up over time.
Have this “problem” (in my thinking it just a task) every now and then.
And I can only give the advice to rework / revision the code, or sometime the task turns into a problem!

I got exactly the same “Number overwrite” effect with the Reno Countdown timer … never found a solution – and having tired of the Reno racing after few weeks, never went back to see if it ever got fixed – maybe Asobo used similar code for the Top Gun Count-down timer ?

Obviously not everyone has this issue, but I never saw any definitive explanation of what is causing it .

1 Like

But the graphics at this low altitude look like poop and would be better to stay hidden behind the “GO!”

1 Like

Mine was the same with the counter issue, it appeared after changingsome settings so reset the settings. I reset both miscellaneous and accessibility in settings back to defaults and problem went away…

1 Like

:+1:

Thanks, I’ll try that… good find :smiley:

Same thing over here, issue very well seen in VR using the Varjo Aero. Making the challenges unusable at the moment with this mess of numbers and letters in the middle of the screen.

Thank You for your comments I will try and reset the graphic settings back to default and see if that will make a difference. I will post back with the conclusion. good one moosacher2!

The workaround to ‘fix’ this has been posted many times:

OptionsGeneral OptionsAccessibility → Set Menu Animations to “ON ”.

2 Likes

I reset miscellaneous and accessibility settings to default restarted pc and found I had the same problem! I m going to start and look into my Nvidia settings and system graphic setting to see if I can come up with a fix. :upside_down_face: