Top Gun Tuesday is Almost Here!

Top Gun Tuesday is almost here and the DLC with it!!! Who else is chomping at the bit?!?

Per the Code of Conduct do not post about ATA or ATS even training as I would like to have this thread survive the week.

Looking forward to it, next Wednesday :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(25th)

Chomping at the bit for the actual movie. Sim content is not my style personally but cool for those who enjoy it.

5 Likes

:laughing:

Fair enough. I suppose this is the one time a topic not dedicated to flight simulator might be left open.

The movie I also want to see, but doubt I’ll be going to the theaters next Tuesday.

Taking the kids to see it on Friday as they will be with their mom upon release day.

Not sure why there is not news about the DLC because im pretty sure from what ive heard people are aloud to talk about the movie now so i dont know why they are keeping everything silent

1 Like

I am really looking forward to the movie. The original was one of my favorites of all time.

But, so I can follow this thread; what is DLC, ATA, and ATS?

I am stoked for both the movie and the dlc.

What do you think it will have? I’m hoping for fully functional carriers.

We already got it with game of the year airplanes I’m confused about it

working aircraft carriers and a air to air radar would make me happy

Can’t say I’m to excited about the DLC with getting over SU9 or the film.the main star having been retired

DLC = Downloadable Content

Not sure on the other two.

Both simulated and actual combat terms (i.e., Air-To-Air) - all not allowed in this thread.

I will watch the movie with my son. I don’t care about the DLC. If I want to simulate an F-14 Tomcat or an F/A-18C Hornet including carrier ops, then only with the military competition. The MSFS F/A-18 doesn’t impress me one bit.

I don’t understand why they put such little effort into making the f18, its quite sad

Now that the “Goose is cooked” will it " take my breath away" ?

1 Like

Seems to be improving though. I just want fuel tanks to be enabled.

I find it amusing that the movie is about a topic we can’t discuss, and yet people are hyped for content that obviously won’t contain things we can’t discuss.

I think if we get nicely working carriers that will be nice, but I’m not expecting much more.

Anyhow, watching the careful tiptoe around what TopGun is about is no end of entertainment. It’d be like doing an Apollo program tie in and not being allowed to mention the Moon. :rofl:

7 Likes

I’m not hyped about it, because I have no idea what to expect. I understand, the DLC can’t be talked about under the agreement with the movie studio. But that just means I know there is a DLC coming out, but I have no idea what it is.

Maybe it will just be new liveries for the F-18. (Not likely I know, but I’m illustrating the very low end of what a tie in could be). Maybe it will introduce carriers. Maybe it will introduce new flight mechanics. Maybe it will introduce new style missions. I don’t know. I don’t know what to expect at all. It may be something I am not interested in at all, or maybe something I would be really excited for. Thats the thing. I just don’t know.

I don’t even want to guess and be disappointed. So I am not expecting anything. But simply put, having to take that approach, I’m not excited for this DLC either.

1 Like

Maybe there will be a pilot image for your plane who looks like Tom Cruise. :grin: