Top Mach Studios: Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor

I am aware of the sim rate. Used to use it a lot back in the FS98 days lol The planes I made for FSX and P3D were branch offs of the aircraft I helped on. I got bored sitting at cruising altitude so made a 757 and 737 that could do Mach 4.5 at 35000 ft and above yet with flaps manipulation slow down and land like a regular plane. They were fun to fly on my own but VATSIM I had to fly the actual aircraft.

I am working on a boat project now for MSFS as there are some lovely lakes in the sim with the new graphics etc. to go “boating on”

Yep, I’ve done the Mach 4.5 thing too. looks better in an X-15 or an SR-71 than a 757, but it does get you there a lot faster. That boating project sounds like fun. Happy sailing!

I actually took the open source model for the Orion (from Space 2001) and added jetway connections etc to it and flew it for a long time at Mach 4.5. The model works in MSFS but still learning how interactive points work for jetway, baggage and catering etc works.

1 Like

Back to topic, any ETA on the update for today? I know Evan said he would get it out today at the latest of course sometimes that does not happen. No big deal if not was just curious, looking forward to future updates to the F22.

We’re working on it. Should be within the next few hours.

No problem, looking forward to it but not in a big hurry. This has become my favorite AC to fly.

I did notice something and maybe I missed something in the CFG but anyone to get the VS on autopilot higher than 3k?

That should be in the autopilot section of the systems.cfg if I recall. I think I’ve had it up to 6000, but it’s pretty finicky.

Edit - See below. :slight_smile:

Current set to +/- 12000 feet in the systems.cfg file.

You are correct it seems to max out at 3k, I do use an outside application running on 3 10 inch android tablets for my panels so it might be a setting in that I am missing then. I used to have 5 monitors for my flight sim set up but with the tablet apps I save a lot of desk space

New update. New Engine controls are in the Engines page of the MFD’s. Flight Physics changes. See top post for more details.

1 Like

OMG Evan it took long enough hehehe Just kidding, going to download it now and take it up for a spin and run it through the paces… will post anything I find

1 Like

So far so good

• Take off and landings are much smoother including the approach
  • Heading hold on the AP seems smoother at higher speeds
  • Smoother in the climb out as well it seems
  • HUD looks better, more clear did you make changes to that as well?

Couple of suggestions

• Adding Mach Speed to the PFD
  • Adding Heading onto the HUD that matches the PFD

EDIT: Forgot to test the engine start up at the apron. Doing that now

One other thing did you forget the FBW in this update or did you move it to another area?

It’s in another area of the mfd. check the mfd menus and you’ll see it on upper right of mfd now.

Didn’t make changes to the HUD in this update, but I did in the 0.3.0 update I believe. I’ve been dragging my feet on the PFD. It’s still mostly a stock G3000. I’m planning on adding the ability to display the top down map in it in a future update. I’ll look at adding mach to the default page.
As far as HUD heading, the HSI is in degees magnetic which should be the same as the PFD, but there’s no numerical readout.
Another change I forgot to mention is I added spoiler animations to the rudders.

1 Like

I didn’t notice the animations but I was paying attention more to the flight mechanics etc than anything.

I could confirm that spoilers animations are working :slight_smile: , also cold and dark startup is possible, if you allow fuel flow via screens.

1 Like

Went for a spin around the mach loop with the latest build. The thrill blasting down a canyon at 600 knots with VR is amazing.
I also was able to start up the airplane from cold and dark on the apron. Can’t wait for more updates.

@evanburnsdev it would be really nice if you would keep the version in the manifest.json updated. At the moment it is still 0.2.13. Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Just out of curiosity, what values would you set that to double or triple the max speed?

Have you thought of making a fantasy variant of the F22 that is high speed, high maneuverability that doesn’t care about physics or what the human body can withstand?