Top Mach Studios: Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
The world’s most advanced operational air superiority fighter presents a monumental challenge for any
flight simulation developer. A passion project of ours, Top Mach Studios has dedicated over 9 months of
research and development to the creation of this model for MSFS 2020 and in doing so we’ve pushed
the limits of what’s possible in MSFS 2020. We are proud to present this highly capable, highly functional
replica of the F-22A to the MSFS 2020 community. We think you’ll find this aircraft to be an absolute
thrill and a true joy to fly. In return, we ask you to show your appreciation by taking a moment to
provide your honest review, feedback, and suggestions. We hope you’ll have at least as much fun flying
the Raptor as we’ve had making it.
Top Mach Studios@evanburnsdev - Lead developer and programmer
@AdamBurry - 3D modeling and visual effects
@Dakfly0219 - Flight performance modeling and tuning, lighting and visual effects, documentation
Features and Capabilities
Simulated Fly-By-Wire control system providing virtually carefree flight control
- Auto-trim / pitch control
- Roll rate limiter
- Yaw control and limiter
- Exceptional maneuverability and smooth control responses up to 19 degrees angle of attack (the hard limit within the game physics model) and controllability at airspeeds as low as 90 KIAS.
- Highly resistant to departure from controlled flight throughout the flight envelope.
- Precision high altitude flight control to 60,000 feet and above.
- Takeoff / Approach mode (landing gear down) ensures precise control for virtually effortless handling during take-off and landing approaches.
- Low speed aerobatic maneuvers possible; hammerheads, tail slide, and pedal turn capability
- Thrust vectoring and high alpha flight maneuvering (above 19 degrees angle of attack) are not
simulated at this time due to underlying limitations of the game physics model.
Highly detailed fully custom 3D cockpit modeling
- Highly detailed modeling and texturing of cockpit, control panel, and ICP/HUD module
- Detailed ejection seat model
- Fully functional Head Up Display (HUD)
- Fully Functional MFDs and PFD (using customized Asobo native G3000 instrumentation suite) including moving map, customized traffic display, and terrain functions
- Canopy interior reflections and rain effects
- Many button, knob, and switch animations functional in cockpit
- Full suite of functional essential autopilot controls built into the MFDs
- Functional engine controls in MFDs and in cockpit
- Functional fully customized cockpit lighting and HUD lighting controls
- PFD can be configured to display primary flight information or moving map display
Detailed Custom 3D Exterior Model
- Scale and proportions very close to the real world aircraft
- Custom texturing including metallic and non-metallic surface texturing effects
- Animation of all key flight control surfaces (excludes a number of maneuvering control surface deflections as seen in the real Raptor due to complexity and sim limits).
- Animated landing gear
- Exhaust heat effect and Asobo native contrails enabled
- Custom canopy reflections and tinting
- Customized Exterior Lighting Systems include custom landing and taxi lighting, electroluminescent formation lighting, navigation lights, and beacons; all modeled after the actual aircraft, with correct lighting positions.
Engine and Performance Modeling based on Lockheed Martin / USAF specifications
- Accurate weight and fuel quantities (includes additional fuel to simulate 2 x 600 gallon ferry drop tanks; visual drop tank models and drag model not included)
- Optional stores configuration available to simulate 6 x AIM 120D and 2 x Aim 9X missiles (weapons modeling / animations not included)
- Engine model tuned to realistic specifications for thrust and performance.
- Drag and lift model tuned to estimated specifications. Sustained 5G+ maneuvers at 40,000 feet and above are possible
- Mach 2.4+ maximum speed
- Mach 1.7+ supercruise capability
- Supersonic climb to high altitude
- Incredible acceleration rates at full throttle.
- Supersonic capability up to 60,000 feet and above
- Reasonably accurate fuel consumption and maximum range at all altitudes (not based on the default game turbine model, but customized to greatly improve accuracy of turbine fuel consumption and thrust). Afterburning fuel consumption not modeled at this time
This is the same project you’ve been following since the beginning, but now that I’m no longer a party of one, evanburnsdev didn’t really seem to suit the project name any longer.
Changes:Changes will be listed on the flightsim.to site. This is the official version 1 release, so the change log has been reset.
Please be kind in the replies. This project has come a long way and not without help from the community. The amount of support and enthusiasm has really taken me by surprise. I look forward to continue working with all of you!
You can find the download Here