Top Mach Studios: Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor

I kinda got carried away on the fuel system :sweat_smile:. The white lines represent fuel lines. Top 4 switches are pumps, only need 1 for each tank on(two tanks) . There’s a few cross connect valves you really don’t need to worry about. Just make sure every switch is on in line from the boxes(representing the tanks) to the apu/engines. I hate the look of it and will probably tie it in to the MFD’s in the future. I was learning the fuel systems the same time I was trying to get everything to work, so yeah it’s a mess, lol.

For the overspeed, I have two trips set. One for KIAS(891 kts or mach 1.2 at ground level), and one for Mach(2.42). The barber pole follows the KIAS speed, but not mach. It’s not fixable via the aircraft config files, but it’s possible to edit the javascript files for the drawing to have the pole slide up and down .

Fuel burn is WAAAY low, haha. 1600nm range at M2.2 is like an hour and change, so I’ve been dragging my feet on making it accurate.

I haven’t had a chance to test out the ILS system with it yet. Sounds like I need to do some more tweaks to the ai PID values.

The tanker is a great idea, and I’m interested, but I’d like to get much more done with the plane first before adding that to my plate.

Lots of good feedback. I’m going to add most of it word for word to the readme TODO in my github if you don’t mind. Thanks!

-Evan

2 Likes

New release. Added better air traffic tracking capabilities to the map(better symbology, leaders, altitude), increased map range, and made the map more MILSPEC.

Looks like a mod moved my topic to another sub-forum, so please tell your friends where it’s located now so I can keep this visible. Thanks!

-Evan

1 Like

Increased map range is especially welcome.

I’m finding the HUD partially(mostly)-transparent background (part of the model) is a little too dark for night in some conditions. It seems like there is a really unfortunate tradeoff here because in daylight it’ll be unreadable. Maybe putting the background on an element in HUD.htm instead of the model would enable dealing with the brightness and having the best of both worlds?

The WorkingTitle mods figured out how to persist data in the sim between flights. It’d be awesome if this was added at some point (I find I’m turning FBW off and setting the CDI to FMS every flight, for example).

BTW This carriers mod works well enough and the linked Kinetic Assistant really completes the experience: Aircraft Carrier Group - Worldwide Locations • Flight Simulator 2020

The model part from Blender is totally transparent. I set the opacity in the css file for the HUD. It really was a trade-off trying to find the best opacity, but you can tinker around with it if you like. Any CSS changes, after a resync, you’ll still have to restart the flight for the changes to take effect.
I’ll look into the persistent data, but it may be a while before I get it implemented. I have a lot of tidying up to do in the code right now, so I’ll be spending the next week or so working on that.
I installed the carriers mod as soon as I discovered it. They did a really good job with it.

1 Like

Yep, you were right. Opacity is on the model. I had it in the css at one point in time. Not sure why I moved it back to the model. I’ll take a look at it.

1 Like

Just played around with it. The lower the opacity on the model, the less anything displays on the HUD, regardless of what I have set in the CSS or JS. I lowered it a little, and should look a little better at night. I’ll make the commit to github tonight, but I’m going to wait for more changes before generating a new release.

I cloned and commit 2c29f4f46e6c0577687d98151762d335178f691d might have some kind of problem. I get an unconditional CTD prior to the welcome screen when using that version.

I grabbed the cameras.cfg and the model folder and applied that to the update from earlier, and this works and I think looks better in day and night.

2 Likes

Only just noticed this, excited to give it a whirl later!

Even before then, thankyou and well done mate. I find the creativity and talent in this community to be unreal at times :clap::clap::+1:

2 Likes

Oh. My. Gosh. This thing is so much fun to fly. Sure, there are some bugs, but I don’t care at all. I want to go a thousand miles an hour. Holy cow this thing is fast.

Thanks a lot for sharing with the community. By all means, keep working on this, but at this point, it’s already very nice work.

3 Likes

Glad everyone’s enjoying it. Lots of work left to do.

1 Like

Forgot to mention. If you set the throttle to max before engaging autothrottle, it’ll step it down as necessary. I still haven’t figured out how to query throttle inputs after autothrottle has been set(like the a320 for example).

1 Like

Just verified (A:LIGHT TAXI ON, bool) simvar is set to on when switch is flipped, so there’s not much more I can do. If the simvar works and the simconnect variable is not being set, then it’s a problem on Asobo’s side.

I tried it a couple days ago using VR. The frame rates were very low compared to the default aircraft. Additionally the elevator would randomly fail to respond to my stick input from time to time, I had to use the trim adjustment for any response at all.

Also I was disappointed to see the afterburner not come on when I went to full throttle

Im going to point @CodenameJack447 in your direction. An absolute wizard who is currently transforming the F15.

If anyone can offer advice, it appears he can :clap::+1:

Framerates will be lower because of the transparent hud along with all of the other html panels compared to the default aircraft. The control problem you mentioned is most likely due to Fly By Wire being on. You can turn it off by toggling a button that’s labeled on the right screen. There’s nothing I can do about the afterburner until Asobo/Microsoft opens up more particle effects for developers. Smoke only from what I’ve seen so far.

I’d love to compare notes. Still a lot I haven’t figured out yet.

New update. Changes listed on top post. Minor changes, but have a few 12 hour days at work ahead, so wanted to get everything pushed out.

1 Like

I’ve got the CTD with the latest version. I don’t know of any logs or indications to determine what is at fault.

I figured out the light issue. It’s that A:LIGHT TAXI toggles on/off but A:LIGHT TAXI ON doesn’t (always on). I don’t know why the SDK has duplicates for the lights, it looks like some aircraft reference both variables and some don’t. I changed my program for now to just not use the ON variants. Possibly something to look out for here.

I probably left the debug scripts in some of the javascript/HTML files. I won’t be able to fix it until tomorrow night most likely. Just stick with the previous version for now and I’ll fix it as soon as I can.

I’ll take a look at setting the other variable too. Should be an easy fix.