Top Mach Studios: Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor

AutoThrottle is linked to physical Throttle, so you can select 230knt on the Autopilot menu and then adjust speed margins with throttle

wait are you referring to the plane’s auto pilot being linked to the AI assist (because those are separate). I’ve never heard of the two being linked / affecting each other.

No, to the physical throttle itself.
Dont mind what speed you select on AP because the plane will perform acording to your Throttle inputs

ok because the issue I’m referring to has nothing to do with my AP. the AP is off. it’s presumably the AI Piloting feature that is causing the issue.

but still good to know about the throttle inputs, I’ll look into that - thanks!

Yeah sorry, im refering to AutoThrottle like It was an Autopilot feature but im wrong.
Anyway, look at the Throttle inputs

but you should also be able to see in-game what I’m talking about:

• Select the jet
  • Choose any airport
  • Create a flight plan to another airport
  • Once you’re in-game turn on “AI Piloting” through the co-pilot menu

Watch the jet take off and then the behavior I’m referring to should appear shortly after. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Understood! I’ll try that.

Never ever used AI Autopilot, just the plane incorporated AP and It works as It should

1 Like

I was double-minded when I saw the screenshots of the available version (the free one) so I did not try it out. But then I read about it somewhere and thought to give it a try… and I must admit that I was spellbound… the avionics, the dexterity and above all… the sound effects! Super work!

However, the HUD is not aligned and doesn’t display all information no matter what angle you try for it.

Thank you for the time and passion that you put into this project. I am happy with the free version but I will still buy the paid one only to support creative people like you.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying the Raptor!

As to your HUD problem, please check in the general options camera menus as there is a default camera position - if you have adjusted this (height and horizontal position) in the past you may have an eyepoint set at a non-default position and the HUD will not appear to be centered.

Will check and revert. Thanks.

Bear in mind that the AI Pilot is, in my experience, kind of not smart…

Good point - LOL. For those that do need the AI feature for whatever reasons, we will look into the reported issue. Generally speaking, for an aircraft with this much engine power and maneuverability, the game’s AI system may just not be able to adequately keep up with the airplane. Hopefully we’ll get it sorted.

1 Like

thank you - that means a lot to me personally. I didn’t know MS2020 had an AI feature until after I bought it and it actually has become the primary way for me of playing it. so it means a lot to me that you’ll at least look into the issues. I hope Asobo will do the same for the rest of the planes - as AI Piloting is very rudimentary right now.

But how this paid version of the F-22 will perform with AI Piloting is my only outstanding question from purchasing it basically :slight_smile:

True! Tested yesterday for the first time.

Looks like AI can’t start Cold & Dark, cause no checklist available maybe?
AI cant turno on any light
AI can not manage comms to taxi or take off.
AI dont do any taxiing or take off

But once in the air, Iwas able to activate AI and see what you are talking about.
The AI flew the plane following the flightplan without trouble, maintaining throttle at reassonable speeds (Barajas to Gibraltar)

My problem was at certain point on the travel, AI choose to loose altitude in steps of 500ft until the plane hit the ground… AI took control again gaining altitude.

Worst thing come last, engines died on me because no fuel onboard!
Flight from Barajas to Gibraltar is no more than 700km, It is a common flightplan for me and no problem to land with half the fuel tanks, but AI did some sorcery to evaporate all fuel onboard when maintaining radio speeds

1 Like

There has been other reports of the fuel unexpectedly draining hyper-fast. There was a MSFS bug awhile back about that happening across all aircraft and I’m not sure if that’s still the case. We’ll do some more investigating and report back

Regarding AI piloting, see Dak’s post above. We’ll look into the issues and see what we can do.

we had a session last night, flying over washington!

4 Likes

Just to summarize a list of issues I’m seeing with the current AI Piloting feature that could be looked into:

• Aircraft doesn’t take off (it initially accelerates but decelerates shortly after)
  • When in mid-air, aircraft fuel runs out instantaneously (a workaround is to enable unlimited fuel)
  • When approaching airports for landing - sometimes (not sure if this is 100%) - it appears that AI Piloting will disable itself. It is still enabled in the menu but when the aircraft descents in altitude, I noticed that it sometimes descents until it hits the ground. (Easy way to test this is to set the departure in mid-air, set the arrival to any airport and then toggle IFR and AI Assistant ON. The Aircraft will descend until hitting the ground.)
  • On occasion a flight plan wasn’t followed until AI Piloting was turned off and on again.

For all who noticed the problem… I posted a fix to the missing lighting effects files last night at flightsim.to. Should be able to fly in the dark again!

1 Like

Looking forward to it! Thank you for keeping the free version going while still working on the premium one. It is one of my most favorite planes and I am sure the premium version will be as well.

2 Likes