Track IR Stops Working

Voted. VR is a game changer in flight simulation but sadly it’s not entirely suitable for all types of flying and it has never truly been in particularly good shape in FS2020 therefore TrackIR is still a very important part of the flying experience for me.

Saddened to hear that this issue was flagged in testing and that they just went ahead and released anyway with a side mention in the release notes. It really doesn’t speak well for their QA

I never said I don’t care nor did I say it shouldn’t be fixed or patched. Clearly it’s an issue and it affects me too. But making statements like below. Jorg needs to tell his team about quality? Really? That was what my response was about.

Anyway let’s agree to disagree. I am off to fly without track ir…for once.

2 Likes

Same, unplayable now with TiR.

1 Like

For me the biggest problem is that Track IR, if I pause it, recenters the view. I want to look at the Garmin for example, I paused, the view stayed at this position and I can make my inputs at the Garmin. Now it’s snapping back to center position. This was already in the Alpha and I hoped it will be solved for release. Is this such a big coding problem? :roll_eyes:

Hi there,

solution for TrackIr not working maybe this:

uninstall TrackIr. Reinstall newest Version TrackIr. In the setup routine there is a subfolder called MSFS 2002.
Enabel this foder so all this data will be installed to your TrackIr.
this helped me. TrackIr is now working.

Best regards

Thank you teesquar, your solution is much faster and easier than quitting MSFS and TIR and restarting TIR and MSFS.

1 Like

I’ve found a way for avoiding getting Track IR turning off when out of range of the sensor.
I’ve set up a joystick button to Pause. Whenever I have to move my head away from the sensor, first I press my Pause button on the joystick first. This way it never turns off the Track IR view button.

Some people will defend the workshop if they give their car for inspection and get it back with the multi functioning steering wheel removed and a 1970s wheel mounted. It just happens when there are many cars every day.

1 Like

Nobody defends this. It’s clearly a bug that is as important as to be fixed with a hotfix ASAP.

TrackIR is essential functionality. Hope it is addressed with a hotfix soon.

2 Likes

i set a button to toggle hmd tracking… when it stops working…

Why is the topic marked as “completed” now?

I’m talking about the notification you get in your profile when you vote for a topic and the issue is solved. It says: “Completed - Vote was released”.

1 Like

You do have to raise an eyebrow and ponder what standards the test team are working to. How could this most glaring of errors be let through?

Please - lets get a hot fix out asap. This bug has just slashed immersion for Track IR users by 80%.

SU6 was a stable release for me. What happened here with SU7? A rushed delivery?

2 Likes

confirm that trackir stops working after a few mins!

Every update new frustrating bugs. Now TIR. Asobo It´s enough!!! Thank you for stopping the logbook popup. TOP!!! But without TIR for me no MSFS and no Reno. FIX IT!!! Not nrxt week. This week. Change it simply to the old version. This runs perfect. Old schooled pilots says: Don´t touch a running system. Stop the break down´s with every update.

4 Likes

Guessing it means the devs are aware of the problem or something, would be nice to have an official word on it though.

2 Likes

Speak with your wallet. I’m not buying anything, especially Reno content when they knowingly ship a major update with a glaring controller problem. It just makes me put my wallet away and maybe go spend more money in DCS.

2 Likes

Dear Asobo, please give us our TrackIRs back!

4 Likes

Here here! same thing every time I pause Track IR it disables, we should not have to hit a Hotkey to enable this, please fix this!

4 Likes

TrackIR is not just Stop… TrackIR is not working at all !!!
I love my TrackIR, i can’t fly without it.
Soon as possible Solution please.

1 Like