Track IR Stops Working

Yes. How could something that worked perfectly since 18 Aug 2020 got broken?

1 Like

Track IR Stops Working - #73 by wazitdoinnow this is the original voteable thread (160 votes so far).

3 Likes

It goes off when the sensor looses connection and then stays off. So if you look away and one of the IR sensors loses connection (green light on left goes out) you have to turn it back on.

Thereā€™s a button you can bind (Ctrl + H I believe is default) to toggle it back on.

Otherwise have to click camera in toolbar and turn it back on in there.

1 Like

Thank you skypilotYTS. Before I did this thread, I did search for TrackIR, but it didnā€™t find that one. Instead, plenty of old threads!

An admin can merge mine into the big oneā€¦

2 Likes

No worries at all!

Hopefully this gets put on the forefront of fixes.

2 Likes

Yeah I get what you mean. And perhaps not everything is 6 months ahead, but Iā€™m fairly certain it is.

I tried turning it on and the switch remains firmly in the ā€œoffā€ position. At least I know itā€™s ā€œthemā€ and not ā€œmeā€ so I guess there will be a hotfix quite soon.

1 Like

No Toggle Head Tracking key bindings worked for me, but then I tried again in yaw mode and everything worked perfectly.

So it seems that you can go into yaw mode (Y), then toggle TrackIR back on, and then press Y again to resume flight.

1 Like

Just to say that OpenTrack has worked perfect so far on SU7 here.

Not so happy about the general drop of FPS and smoothness in the sim.

This needs a hotfix immediately. Cannot emphasize that enough.

This is Jorgā€™s problem to fix. Quality matters, and he needs to make that clear to his team. Currently they just donā€™t get it. They could deliver good quality SW, I donā€™t doubt that. It is not that hard, but it takes time and it takes effort. Depending on the skill and experience level of the team it might take a lot of effort, but it can be done.

If they choose not to spend that effort it is because their management have not made clear to them that quality is important. If you give a team a deadline and no firm quality target they will meet that deadline ā€“ but what they deliver on that date does not work. If you give them a deadline and a firm quality target they might fail both, at first. But when you deliver a month later you have a much happier user base. It is especially inexplicable since this is a free update, a delay to get quality right does not even delay salesā€¦

3 Likes

Track ir not working for me with this latest update.

please have a fix asap.

cheers

2 Likes

The wording is not even accurate on those release notes, it is not SOMETIMES but ALWAYS, whenever you use PAUSE, TRACK IR is set to OFF and re-centres meaning that the PAUSE cannot be used anymore to toggle any switch, button whatever when we have to focus on an instrument, etc!!! This is a major issue and seems to have been perceived as a minor irritant. It is a game-breaker gentlemen!
This system of fixed deadlines for releases does not work, it is what is causing this number of shortcomings upon each of them, pushing half-backed releases with bugsā€¦ Please reconsider your work planning, weā€™d rather have a fully tested release than a botched hasty one with loads of issues, at least that is my opinion, yesterday my MSFS was working fine, not anymore after adding lots of items I care very little about.

12 Likes

#pc Same bug, if I hit pause for my TrackIR so I can actually focus and zoom in for stuff like dialing in a radio or something. But that turns off the trackIR in the camera. Doesnā€™t seem to want to center right either. Iā€™m not flying without TrackIR working properly.

Very disappointing.

2 Likes

There is a control to toggle TrackIR, which I have mapped to a button on my joystick. Now when it turns off, I can turn on immediately by hitting the button. The least painful workaround for now.

1 Like

Itā€™s impossible to release software as complex as this without any bugs at all. To make the sim work perfectly with every peripheral in a world wide complex sim and deliver all the big changes we want is impossible.

I use Track IR all the time but I will just switch to a hat switch until its fixed. Not the end of the world.

Complete and utter ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . This issue was found before release, that is why it is in the release notes. Releasing the update without fixing this issue was a deliberate decision.

It is impossible to not create bugs that get found during testingā€¦ It is not impossible to fix them before release.

4 Likes

Appreciate a lot all of the free stuff we have with the various update, way to go.
However this track it bug is really anoying, appreciate if Asobo can provide an hot fix for it very soon.

Thanks.

And if it was found 2 days before release? Letā€™s delay a much publicised eagerly awaited release because one peripheral out of 100 is broken. Ainā€™t going to happen. 99% of users will be unaffected by this bug. You can go on about quality but in a world wide complex sim like this with thousands of peripherals and addonsā€¦something will be broken. To say they need to be told about quality is going to fix that is incorrect.

I am in the 1% who are affected by this BTW. I have wiped the dust off my hatswitch and will use that until its fixed.

3 Likes

@Jummivana please make sure developers get the message. This is priority one hotfix!!!

That is what quality is about. If the one and only head tracking device supported by the sim is broken, then quality is not good enough. Period. Even if the bug is found 2 days before release (which is a QA failure) , for something on this magnitude you either delay the release or you state in the release notes that a hotfix will be provided to fix it.

You do not release it with a release note saying ā€œoh by the way head tracking no longer works for any of the content you already bought, but here is some free stuff you didnā€™t ask for insteadā€.

Pretty much the most divisive, aggravating thing you can do on this forum is to pipe up in a thread about an issue that is clearly aggravating to a large number of people just to tell everyone you donā€™t care about it and here is how you are wrong for thinking it is a big deal. Good for you, youā€™re a better person than the rest of us, virtue signaling completed?

6 Likes