Track IR Stops Working

Thanks for the workaround guys. It kinda sucks, but it’s something. I have a feeling I won’t be doing much flying until this is fixed properly. Reliable TIR is a ‘must have’ for this simmer. Upvoted.

5 Likes

That will save you money…

VOTED.

1 Like

Exactly, and Reno is a definite no purchase in the meantime. Why on earth would I spend anymore money when they’ve completely ruined flying for me. The bad thing is knowing that if they even do put out a patch before making us wait a update or two, they’ll only half fix it like things they’ve broke in the past.

So, guys and gals, this is the best fix for Track IR at the moment by skypilot of this Forum;

That will get Track IR back in operation.

Yes, it’s a pain to do as Track IR has been working flawlessly for months and months but - there you go.

Keep the VOTING going and we’ll get some Action on this in a timely manner.

4 Likes

Found a fix for my setup. Toggled Trackir on in Camera drop down, then moved the Trackir “camera” from on top of my monitor to my desk just below eye level. I use Track Clip Pro, and this works perfectly for me. Depending on how high or low your seat is, you may need to put the camera on something to raise it a bit. Not ideal, but I can now look wherever I want to.

Hope this helps some of you.

1 Like

Thanks Asobo You did it again for me trackir is very important. Now i won’t fly anymore… every update the same its a shame

2 Likes

Agree with everyone’s sentiments. This is ridiculous of course. Since it’s at the top of known issues I have to believe Asobo is going to get this patched quickly. Frustrating as hell though, and a reminder of how integral TrackIR truly is to flight simming. Like many, can’t fly without it.

No Toggle Head Tracking key bindings worked for me, but then I tried again in yaw mode and everything worked perfectly.

So it seems that you can go into yaw mode (Y), then toggle TrackIR back on, and then press Y again to resume flight.

Posts below this were merged into this topic. Continuity will be broken.

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox. PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version? Microsoft Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? NO

Brief description of the issue:
At my second landing challenge flight, so after just a few minutes of flight, TrackIR stopped working completely. Tried several things. The only thing that works is restarting FS !
FS and TrackIR disconnect from one another, because the green light on the right on the TrackIR receiver switched off, the first time.
But on a second flight, during a standard flight with the Extra, MSFS and TrackIR sopped working but the green light on the right on the TrackIR receiver this time remained.
How can this be happening, especially it never disconnected from MSFS, from 18 Aug 2020, up until this v 1.21.13.0 ?
It never ever disconnected from FSX either.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Screenshots won’t show this!
Short video: Read below, re Camera…

I won’t buy the full Reno Air Race as long as this TrackIR bug is not fixed.

This needs a patch urgently, please

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Fly until TrackIR disconnects from. Well you know it, since it’s in the Release Notes!

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
CPU: i7 5960X
GPU: RTX 3090, Asus Tuf Gaming OC
Motherboard: Rampage V Extreme from ASUS
RAM: 64 GB at 2133 MHz
C: is a 512 GB SSD: OS, programs and FS app only
D: is a 2 TB SSD: FS main folders for most of the data
E: is two 3 TB HDD 7200 RPM is Raid 1

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

EDIT: I found that TrackIR works if you then turn it on in Camera, Cockpit

It is a bug in the menu, or FS loosing TrackIR for some new reason?

Known issues mention to press F12, but this doesn’t work.
Instead Camera, Cockpit, and Turning on TrackIR works, so far…

I have found that trackir works fine if you do not hit the pause for trackir (F9) which coming out of pause will show that it is working by the lights but it is frozen on the screen. Also if you move you head out of the area, i.e. go get a drink or do a potty trip it will also freeze and not return till after you restart the mission. Therefore, you must stay seated and in view of the trackir monitor for the entire flight. So much for those trans Atlantic trips, so sad, even pilots in the real aircraft can get up and go potty, but not you.

4 Likes

BTW pressing F12 does not reset position and gets it working again.

1 Like

I don’t think they realize that thousands of people use Trackir.

6 Likes

Why did they have to break TrackIR? So frustrating. I wonder if it had to do with that eye tracker thing. I just bought TrackIR Pro (Not cheap) so hopefully they will get this resolved. It was working, and now it’s broke. So frustrating!

3 Likes

As I live in Aus, I haven’t touched MSFS as yet. I use Trackir5 all the time.
No probs, I’ll use P3D until they release a hotfix.
I have been reading quite a few posts, it appears that this latest update might turn out to be another “SU5” catastrophe. Let’s hope not.

Dont work. If you press, then return to off position. Cant fly without my TR5.
Will not use this sim until they repair this stup. issue.

2 Likes

Yep, I agree.
When I read about that new tracker, I thought it could be an opportunity for a bug.
Recently, there have been several bugs where a call of a function is forgotten.

2 Likes

Revamped is right though, you can reactivate trackir in the camera settings without a restart or leaving the cockpit. You have to turn trackir on for each time it freezes. Something just keeps turning of that switch.

1 Like

If, when you start a flight, TrackIR works, pay attention to this:
When you select, Camera, TrackIR quickly goes fron off to on…

2 Likes

So the work around above does work. But you have to keep turning it on if the TrackIr’s signal is interrupted. But at least I can use the TrackIR using this tip for now. Hopefully this bug will get fixed soon.

1 Like