TrackIR5 Regression - Loss of connectivity with SimConnect

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using the templates provided will greatly help the team reproduce the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Brief description of the issue:

TrackIR will lose connection with the sim after 30-60m of flight AND randomly loses connection / disables when a tracker goes out of range of the receiver. The second bug is very similar to SU5/SU6 issue, however you can’t re-set it like before. SIM restart required.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

No

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Use Track IR, move out of range of receiver or fly with it on for more than 30m

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

TrackIR Software 5.4.2, same version as SU8

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU9

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

EDIT: The frequency of disconnects has exploded since SU9. TrackIR software or profiles haven’t been updated. There seem to be a connection with load on Simconnect. For instance, if I have Little Navi Map / SkyPark or Neo Fly and my stream deck not running, it stays connected MUCH MUCH longer or doesn’t disconnect at all. When i add on other Simconnect load, it crashes. SU8 had no such limitations or issues.

Tracking works fine until you are about a half our into flight and then it starts to loose tracking, it gets worse the longer you fly. The green light only goes out then nothing, shake your head and it comes back for maybe 30 seconds.

1 Like

yes

Doesn’t seem to affect everyone,

I fly with TrackIR for hours at a time with SU9 and haven’t experienced any issues yet.

No

Flew for over an hour including physical visibility loss of clip to sensor, but reconnection was always established immediately and it worked as expected throughout the flight.

For me it stays connected as long as the receiver is picking up the markers from the TrackClip Pro.

For me there is a chance it looses connection if I pause TrackIr (using the TrackIr applications Pause hotkey) frequently.
For example when going through a complex startup procedure and pausing TrackIr at every new camera viewpoint.
I’m pretty sure this issue has existed since the sim launched. I remember reporting it to the bug tracker early on.
Once it looses connection it doesn’t usually (sometimes it does a long time later/after the flight) regain it until I restart the sim.

EDIT, 1 hour later:
It happened again, just now, while revising my 146 checklist. This issue certainly exists (but only on some systems?).

Yes, but inconsistent.

Moving outside tracking area is one trigger. I sometimes see the issue randomly, but can’t say if it is time or activity triggered. Can resume tracking by leaving the TrackIR software running and power cycling the camera. I’ve always ensured that the tracking clip is inside the tracking area on power cycle.

1 Like

After a little investigation, I suspect a power or other internal issue with my powered 7-port USB-3 hub.

Suspect port config was:
HC Alpha, HC Bravo, empty,empty,Stream Deck, T-IR5, Rudders

Good port config now is:
HC Alpha, HC Bravo, Stream Deck, empty, empty,T-IR5, Rudders

I wonder if there’s two power buses in the hub and perhaps the hat-clip going out of tracking might cause the T-IR camera to boost the IR led power and cause too much power draw on one bus. Not sure if that makes sense, but that’s the reasoning I’ve now built in my head.

1 Like

I’ve linked mine at this point to overloading of Simconnect.

Skypark, SPAD, TrackIR and Little Navi Map are to much for it in SU9 it seems. Same combo / settings / plane was A-OKAY in SU8…

If I don’t use Skypark OR Little NaviMap OR any other SimConnect 3rd party (REX, StreamDeck via flightdeck etc) on top of SPAD and TrackIR, its OKAY.

/sigh…

1 Like

yes

No

can fly hours with no issues. I often disable / re-enable TrackIR and also I move the headset with the leds out of tracker range. TrackIR comes allways back and no issue.

After starting TrackIR 5 and then MSFS I’m getting about 1hr of flight (B738) before the disconnect. This morning was 20 mins.

I’ve checked all the drivers and reinstalled TrackIR 5 V 5.4.2 - same disconnect issue. I’ve checked the temp of the graphics card its ok. Graphics Card driver is up to date. NVIDIA 522.30

question: why you assume the error in your screenshot ( Your graphics device has encountered a problem ) is related to TrackIR ?

You can check this topic here, in which some users report that issue:

You find may be in windows event log also an error entry.