Travel to function not working

I just tried it and it didn’t work at all. I set up a flight from Heathrow to Toronto, got up to Cruise and once it had got past a couple of Cruise waypoints (about an hour and half into the flight over the Atlantic) I went to “Travel to” Descend.

It went to the load screen all fine, but when I clicked Fly all I got was repeated messages on ATC about verifying Sqwauk and reset transponder which i did. Got clearance for original IFR, but it got cancelled again immediately. Also my plane was decending from 38k to 5k and ATC kept telling me to climb to 38k but nothing I did would make the plane do that. It was determined to descend. It was also almost stalling at 180 knots. Similar thing seems to happen if you try and save the flight and re-load

I had the same issue an hour ago when I flew from Dubai to Entebbe. Its a 4-5 hour flight across the desert, so not much to see. At my cruise altitude FL340 I checked all the systems and tried to use the TRAVEL TO function. I wanted to get halfway to the destination airport but the sim got me to the descent phase.

I had the exact same problem. The plane was on idle with autothrust turned off and was nose diving to 5k feet from cruising altitude. ATC yelling at me to climb again to FL340 although the flight plan shows the next waypoint at 11000 feet. So everything was ■■■■■■ up. When I sorted out the problems the autopilot was not following the route which was programmed into the FMC. I almost exploded and turned off the simulator…

1 Like

I have this issues as well.

It’s best to just speed up the sim rate at this point. The “travel to” function is completely useless.

4 Likes

I have to agree. This feature is a complete fail at this point.

For a fairly simple 1 hour flight I had to re-fly from departure in order to avoid having the game “Travel To” approach that was a total dead stick dive into the terrain.

At a minimum, the sim should leave you in “Cruise” if you travel to “Cruise”. That consists at least of, altitude, bearing, and speed. Last settings for AP, altitude and engine input would be nice.

Defining “Travel To” as dropped into an instant in space/time is a joke.

1 Like

Also you can only travel to phases of flight, rather than a specific waypoint, so the feature is practically useless for long hauls flights. Of course, if the save game function actually worked, I wouldn’t need to use this feature… I stopped playing when the sim was first released and thought they’ll fix it. Come back 6 months later and not much has changed in terms functionality.

Agree - I only plan flights where I can complete them in one sitting. I would love to skip the cruise on a long haul but right now, it’s a no-go.

Is this ever going to get fixed? Haven’t seen it on the Feedback list…

Hi there,
If you are referring to the feedback snapshot:

those only contain the top 24 bugs by votes. The last item on the list had 376 votes. This topic has 6 votes. Not being on the list, however, does not mean that it will not be fixed. It is just not reported on in the snapshot.

I just merged several people’s threads about this issue into one place, and I hope that everybody who had their topic merged votes for this issue, as this appears to be an issue for a few people.

2 Likes

Since my last post in 2020 it is working much better now, I believe the patch before Sim Update 3 fixed it. I have done a few long haul flights including, Manchester to New York, Heathrow to Toronto and others and it works. Give it another go

I’ll try but it still doesn’t work when the flight plan is put in the fmc manually

Ah Ok, I always plan the flight before take off the default way. Maybe that’s the only way it works , it didn’t before but does now for me. All that is wrong with mine is I need to de-activate and then re-activate the throttle control. But the plan is all loaded fine

Flying the 787-10 from CYVR - LFPG, I would typically use the Travel To function. In the original release 1.8.3 and thru 1.9.5, there were tons of bugs with this functionality but still useable with workarounds. Now with 1.10.7.0, its completely useable in this flight. I’ll do a couple more test. The default error message when changing flight phases is “You don’t have enough fuel to travel to XXX”. It happens regardless of how the fuel and payload are adjusted mid-flight. I’ll be filing a ZenDesk once replicated with other LH flights, though not expecting a fix anytime soon. Shame. This has otherwise been one of the better patch releases.

It’s a shame this feature dosent work as it would make me more adventurous going to New places.

I Vote for a fix

has not fix till now !

Anyone know if this is still broken? Or does it work now?

To answer my own question: yes it’s still broken. “Not enough fuel yadayada”

What a shame :weary:

1 Like

Default 787 always show this messages when u try to use travel to fuction . None cares and never seems trying to sloves this silly problem!

Only had the game 3 weeks. Just done a long flight Manchester to Rio in the 78. Began the decent phase but plane wouldn’t decend in time for the final. In fact the plane wouldn’t decend at all. After declaring a missed approach, the game crashed.

Everytime I tried to load the FLT file, the game crashed. Then I found another folder with the same flight plan which worked but started me right at the beginning. So I tried to fast forward to the decent phase but it said not enough fuel even after changing the fuel to 100%. It would only go as far as the beginning of the cruise leg which still left about 9 hours of flight time. So I’ve just scrubbed the flight altogether now. A total waste of precious time.

I’m normally a chilled guy when it comes to this kinda stuff but the amount of bugs in this game which has been out nearly 2 years and cost me over £100 is really trying my patience now. I’m starting to regret buying it.

It’s the most bugged thing in FS.
If you try 10 times, 5 will not work properly.
Sometimes without fuel, sometimes close to the ground when u can’t climb, sometimes far away of the correct point.

Please Asobo and Microsoft, we don’t want more and more places to see tourist attractions, we just want a finished product without bugs on 100% of the flights!