Travel to function not working

Tried the “Travel_To” function for the first time since getting the sim in Sep. 2020 on a flight between EGLL and KBOS. When I chose to travel to descent after an hour or so of flight, the new stage opened with the plane falling from the sky and crashing. I guess its back to shorter flights for me. Unless this was because I tried it with the “Heavy” 787. But it would not make sense to do it with a prop, right ? hehe

June 2022 and this bug still hasn’t been fixed?! I get the Same error in 787 when trying to teleport to the next phase of the flight, “not enough fuel” This plus the fact that I can’t speed up the time more than 4X without the plane becoming unstable on autopilot means that Long haul flights are virtually impossible, in the premier long haul aircraft that we paid extra for at LAUNCH! Please fix this ASAP!

2 Likes

This bug has been reported by many simmers but never sloved.

This still seems to be a totally useless feature which takes me to nearly ground level over-speeding. Why don’t Microsoft just remove the feature if it doesn’t work? Just had another ruined flight thanks to trying this.

Hello everybody, my travel to function also doesn’t work. On the 777 and the 787 I skip to descent and the plane spawns like a 100ft above the ground. Does anyone know how I can fix this.

Still an issue in August 2022. Game devs have gotten quite comfortable with releasing betas as full priced games…

Wanted to make a long flight from EHAM to SBGR. Programmed via simbrief in the 787 heavy division mod (yea I know it might be the mod). Wanted to travel after 1h of cruise and it put me to the point BUT the autopilot wanted to fly back to the navpoint right before the warp. I had to do tons of workarounds with that ■■■■■■ flightplan on the FMS and rebuilt the route from where I was to the final destination.

At the end, I tried with other vanilla planes and it had the same issue. I really wonder how to do long distance flights beside “real time”, because time acceleration does not work either with many planes or PC setups.

Hey Asobo/MS please put some efforts in that. Thanks alot. Why would we have long distance “flying horses” if we only fly short distances?

Yep, still not working properly on October 2023… :roll_eyes:

1 Like