Trees are still hilariously large

How have they not fixed this problem 3 years in lol seriously? It kills immersion.

5 Likes

hahhaha that’s funny.

After a long time, i´ve been in New York City for a heli-tour… the city has been swallowed by huge trees allover the place.

I´m not perfectly sure, but it seems to me, this bug has become even bigger over time.

1 Like

Simple fix: Forest enhancement mod » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Update: File deleted, probably due to https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/flightsim-to-and-3rd-party-developers-dispute/

Nope… tha´s not fixing it all over the world.
Take a look at Rome for example… the whole city is swallowed by jungle vegetation, wether you use this addon or not.

It STILL is an issue with those huge trees!

It can still be tuned, but it’s not as bad as you make out.
You can edit it yourself, experiment.

Edit what exactly?
Any - really (!) working - suggestions are still very welcome!

Please check your link… the author meanwhile has removed the addon without any answers why …

There’s a big reason why: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/flightsim-to-and-3rd-party-developers-dispute/
It’s not the developers fault.

You can edit the files, change biomes, tree sizes etc.
Google around, experiment, you’ll see what works.

Yes, you are absolutely right.
If i google a bit more, i could even write my own flight sim.

If you could maybe be a tiny bit less “cryptic” and tell, WHAT is there to be edited that easily to fix the mentioned issue, you could become my personal hero of the month.
Promised.

I mean, for sure you wanna avoid being accidentally held for someone, just pretending to have any real idea of what he/she is talking about.
No offense, just a thought…

Unfortunately I’m a bit busy atm nailing final issues with a new Auto Control Profile Update for Aircraft Manager Aircraft Manager Pro + Location Manager Pro now available - #31 by Sonicviz to do a tutorial right now. Sorry.

A quick search turned up this tool, looks like a good a guide as any to start with:

Start small, tweak one thing at a time in isolation so you can see the results of that change, rinse, repeat.

Thanks a lot, NOW we are talking.
Well, this tool isn´t updated since Sept 2020, but i´ll check if it still can do the job.

I´ll drop a note in here, when i have some results worth mentioning.

As it is supposed to be a flight simulation, I find huge trees on short finals to be unrealistic. ICAO sets requirements for approach and departures and it would be nice if MSFS observed these rules.

3 Likes

Apperently, this is an issue that have been reported a number of times but have never been fixed.
Please look at the latest Nordic update trailer. Most of the trees displayed are taller than the buildings - even the castles are being dwarfed by the trees.
Now flying at 30.000 feet this may not matter, but crusing low and slow then this is a real killer to any sense of realism.
Sorry, but this needs to be fixed. Yes, you made then smaller already once, but there is still a long way to go before the size are close to what exist in real life…
Thx

Jorg Neumann at the FlightSimExpo discussion of MSFS 2024 mentioned that the large trees issue will be fixed globally in the 2024 release, FWIW. Not clear what changes if any will happen with 2020.

From MSFS Presentation from FlightSimExpo 2023 Transcription: