Triple Monitors Support (different resolutions)

I agree, but as with everything, people like to complain but not make any effort to change things; apathy is paramount these days. I hope more people flag it as a major concern but I can’t see that - most are just so ‘amazed’ by how pretty some of it is, and not the lack of ‘professional’ or ‘high-level enthusiast’ level of power and flexibility we need.

Good on you for fighting the fight!

1 Like

The lack of true triple screen (or multi screen) support is a huge shame for a simulator.
I really hope this gets some attention.

6 Likes

I’m very disappointed on the lack of multi monitor support from MFS2020. I have a triple 27" monitors setup and I’m able to use them flawlessly with X-Plane 11. True multi screen support is pretty much needed in MFS2020.

3 Likes

The name of this forum should be “NO TRIPLE MONITOR SUPPORT” !

After a few more days of research, I now conclude the same as you. In fact, I just wrote a long article with picture illustrations on this topic today: xinhaidude .com/2020/08/22/geometric-distortion-in-a-triple-monitor-setup-for-msfs-2020-compared-to-xplane-11/

remove the space before the “.com” from the URL to make it work.

2 Likes

You get it. Very few people even notice the geometric distortion. I am amused by all the oohhs and aahhs from Reddit users whenever someone posts an image from the MSFS splash screen on triple monitors. Most appear to believe that actual 3D visuals in flight would look the same. Actual flights look nothing like splash screens, when shown on super-ultra-wide screens or triple monitors. I spent a day writing an article about it. Check it out: xinhaidude .com/2020/08/22/geometric-distortion-in-a-triple-monitor-setup-for-msfs-2020-compared-to-xplane-11/

remove the space before the “.com” from the URL to make it work.

1 Like

Nice article. Yes, had the same conversations in a sim racing channel, some people just don’t get it… .see it or perhaps care that much… but the difference is huge, as you show in the “Distorted side views in MSFS 2020 (top), compared to correct surround views in XPlane 11” image.

I too am disappointed there’s no native support for multi-monitor in this 1st release as I have a 3 monitor setup.
I was however able to get a reasonable appearance using my NVidia RTX2080 in Surround mode (giving a resolution of 5760x1200).
I use Helios Display Manager to switch between my ultra wide flight desktop and my standard desktop (Non-Surround 3 monitor extended desktop).
Have to run MSFS in Windowed mode to use the full desktop.

Can you check images on the article I posted above, and let me know if you see distortions I illustrated? I am desperately looking for ways to address these geometric distortions. If you managed to get surround views to work correctly, I would really want to know. Thanks!

have you tried 5760 x 1080 ? i have 3x 24" with surround and it looks all fine , i did set the WideViewAspect=1 in the flightsimulator.CFG file…

Where is the cfg file located ?

and how’s your performance? Specs please?

The resolution is require which I used in Xplane was 7680x1080 ,

5860x1080 gives me a bad stretch

c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\

Where USERNAME is your name that you login with.

P.s. Make a copy first :smiley:

Are you saying that by setting this param, you were able to avoid geometric distortions? In theory, this param doesn’t work alone. You need to proper zoom level for the camera as well.

Can you check my article posted above, and do that simple litmus test I showed?

You would be my savior and everyone’s savior if somehow this worked for you. Then I’ll know to recheck and retry until it works for me. Take a picture please. Thanks!

Fred

1 Like

the reason FS has none of this to offer, and tons of install and running bugs users are having is…
The Sim was rushed to market!

1 Like

I don’t know about rushing to market. Did you not see that someone moved location and time back to the last solar eclipse, and the sim correctly showed the solar eclipse?

:smiley:

That setting made zero difference for me.
It also keeps resetting back to 0 after quitting the sim, even with the file set as read only, although I had it open in notepad++ which shows you if its been modified, it remained at 1 during my test.

2 Likes

Kee been working on it and found a nice solution that works for me :sunglasses:

Specs , GTX 1080Ti 3x 24" 1920x1080 monitors , Nvidia surround

Open Nvidia control panel
Configure Surround, PhysX
click on the Configure button ( if surround is already on )
in the last row set bezel V1 and V2 to +/- 60 < this number depends on screens used ,
so you have to fiddle with this one till it looks good for you…
Click Apply
After clicking on apply in the middle row the resolution will be at Recommended setting , set this to the ‘new’ highest setting it will say (bezel corrected) behind it…
in my case 5880 x 1080 ( bezel corrected )
If you forget to set the new bezeled resolution you will see zero change in the game
Click apply
Close setup and start FS2020

P.S. if you change the bezel number dont forget to apply and then reselect the corrected resolution again.

P.P.S. i have WideViewAspect=1 in the flightsimulator.cfg file

happy flying , with 3 mon setup :slight_smile:

Are you saying you have no stretching on the side screens? Or just you are happy with how it is.

i.e on a taxiway, looking straight ahead, other vehicles are normal, but taxi so they are on your side screens, are they now stretched limo’s?

Because, regardless of bezel correction and using the bezel corrected resolution (was doing that anyway), the side screens are awful. Rotate the camera and everything shrinks and grows because of the stretching.

Normally, proper triple support requires a few parameters, like angle of screens for one.

I’ve tried editing the file… I just don’t think its supported properly yet, but you sound like you have it right… Would love to see a photo of it, if so…

1 Like

@SteveOhhNo - can you take a look at pictures in this article (remove the space before .com), and tell us whether you see distortions? We know you are happy with the setup. Perhaps you don’t mind the distortion. We just want to know if by some reason your setup produces no distortions. Thanks: xinhaidude .com/2020/08/22/geometric-distortion-in-a-triple-monitor-setup-for-msfs-2020-compared-to-xplane-11/