Turbopro Engine Logic Issues vol. 2

The latest Dev Update lists “Turboprop Engine Logic Issues” bug as “fixed”. Unfortunately it is not.

I would like to promote the idea of voting Turboprop engine bugs again to the top of the list since the old thread was closed.

The following bugs were left unaddressed:

• beta range (or the complete lack of);
  • startup logic (even the most basic behavior on startup);
  • better calculation of ITT (currently no plane shows ITT changes that would conform with the real-world values);
  • prop drag (hopefully this will be reworked together with the other propellers, as promised in the latest update);
  • weird TRQ and NG indications on rapid prop speed changes.

It is still #6 on the top bugs list.
It is scheduled for inclusion over several releases, starting as you probably knew with SU7.
The thread linked in the Feedback Snapshot will take you to the proper thread.

1 Like

It is marked as fixed in the latest post on this:

It does say otherwise in the F.SS.
This was released today as well.
The original thread is still open.
Probably a good question for Q & A session.
I have brought the discrepancy to a moderator’s attention

1 Like

Kodiak developer ,SWS, would beg to differ on this being solved. :grin:. My vote thrown in.

Well, when I contacted the “upper echelon” the result of the discrepancy was that the Feedback Snapshot that I posted was changed to “Fixed”.
I must say I was a bit surprised at that outcome!

That’s a sad outcome. Even more important to vote turboprops back to the level that catches attention.

We also need a better way to set up our controls like in X-plane where you can specify beta and reverse area on the control axis. Very neat!

1 Like

Hi there,

While the bugs you need addressed are valuable, we would love to see these as separate threads so our team can track and manage each issue individually.

We will be closing this for now but we can re-open if you want to use this thread for one bug in particular. If so, rename this topic and update your top post and we can re-open it to keep the vote count.

Thanks!

1 Like