Turboprop #2 - beta range not simulated

Following up on the closed bug threads:

I would like to mention and put up for voting the issue of beta range or rather - of the lack of any kind of simulation of beta range.

The lack of beta range impairs ground operations, takeoff runs, and landings of turboprop aircraft.

Working for me on Asobo PC-6, Kodiak etc.

Could you elaborate? How is it working for you?

Try pressing F2 (or which ever Button decreases thrust/power). After idle it should get into beta and then into reverse.

As the Kodiak was mentioned, I jumped in to clarify: beta range is not in the Kodiak because MSFS doesn’t support it, it goes straight into reverse like all other aircraft.

+1 vote, for the 5th time.

5 Likes

We also need to be able to set up our control axis with beta range (and reverse) like you can in X-plane 11. Been missing this feature since the release of MSFS.

1 Like

Is beta range now fully simulated in the sim or the Kodiak? Never flown the Kodiak in real life, but I get some weird indications on the engine instruments when going into beta. Is this a sim issue? Other than that beta seems to work nicely in the sim. The biggest issue I’m having is the extremely slow torque response which makes it very difficult to make tight turns on rough bush strips. Never seen this in any of the turboprops I’ve flown in real life so I suspect this is due to the broken turboprop model in MSFS?

Beta range is in the Kodiak as of October. What kind of indications?

1 Like