Turbulence and VR

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Even with clear weather, and no wind layers, flying over mountains causes severe turbulence. In VR this can be nauseating. A slider or option should be provided for VR users to disable any type of turbulence buffeting to minimise VR vertigo.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Unable

Provide coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Iceland (anywhere over mountains) for example

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

July 12pm, Clear weather

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Clear weather, no wind layers, fly over mountainous areas in Iceland or any area with mountains. Low altitude < 2000feet above ground level.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i12900K, RTX3090, 32GBRAM, HP reverb G2

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU9

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Tnere is. Under options, camera, camera shake. And its so minimal, i dont think in your case a button will help as there is barely any shake. And less than in a real aircraft. Which i prefer in a game anyway as you cant brace you wrist on the panel to change frequencies and it just bounces around.

This is not a camera shake issue. This is an aircraft moving around because of induced turbulence over mountainous regions problem noticeable, especially in VR.

Does the “new assistance option to customize the intensity of turbulence” added in SU12 helped fixing your issue ?