Turbulence -- excessive or real world realistic

I think the biggest problem with sliders and such things for Asobo is to debug. Everyone needs to say all of their settings in use while reporting problems.

Fly real or donā€™t flyā€¦ periodā€¦
Common, don you see? you canā€™t force your ways to the entire population

I already described twice a solution (two weather models) that would solve this issue for all.
In the simple model you could have all the sliders you can think of.

Realistic weather engine cannot have turbulence slider not because I donā€™t like it, prohibit it or other stupid imagined reasons,

but because turbulence is a spontaneous occuring phenomena, result of other source causes (temp gradient, thermals, slopes), and also that is required to cause other realistic phenomena - forming clouds, rain, more torn instead of fluffy shape of clouds, eddies in the mountains. Getting rid of turbulence affects generated weather way more then just less bumpy air.

I donā€™t know how to state it simplier than that.

3 Likes

Are we talking in custom-weather or live-weather here? Feels like they could add all kind of different options into custom-weather? And include live-weather as a preset :slight_smile:

The old Meteoblue-weather only felt much more realistic in my opinion. I would have chosen that preset if that was possible for example.

Exactly, that is why Iā€™m saying that this has no effect on the default MSFS aircraft. 3rd party is a different story indeed.

Yes, when i think about it. Iā€™ve seen snow on ground even in summer but that was snow under things that hold it cold.

But i mean when the water is above 0 degrees it change form into liquid. That means that the snow on the ground is lower than 0 degrees. Itā€™s still frozen and also keeps the ground colder and that would make less thermals until the snow are completely melted?

Yes ok, that makes sense!

1 Like

I think also on the night the water is warmer than the ground. That makes the air move towards the sea instead of to the ground and makes more updrafts over the sea instead of over the ground. Donā€™t know if this is simulated though.

Yes, sea and land breeze circulation. But that is seen as a very local event and very easily disturbed if there is a bit of wind or other instability. Only when it is perfectly calm weather will these circulations occur, you need clear skies for that.

1 Like

Agree, only to mention it. Because that is how wind basically works. And i think Asobo only can simulate local types of air movement in the sim. (I wish we could have the global but i think that would melt our CPU and also make us complain the winds are not accurate to METAR :rofl:) That global airmovement simulation Meteoblue handles for now or that injected METAR on top of that locally around the airports.

Well, hope they find a solution to make us all enjoy the sim as we want to. I highly suggest to not remove/limit things that behaves more realistic than it does when limited or removed until they have something that improves it and makes it more realistic.

Hi, I DONā€™T experience any turbulence/shaking when going through big dark clouds. I fear that such effects are not simulated at all. Please Asobo, check it out, clouds are completely harmless in FSā€¦ I fear nothing will happen when a weather radar is available and you go through red/yellow areasā€¦

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m afraid of. Cb clouds are non-existent at the moment and convective turbulence as well.
They need to work on that otherwise the weather radar will just be a useless gimmick.

1 Like

Yes, and thatā€™s really a shame for a flight simulatorā€¦

1 Like

See the source image

You got some kind of death wish boy?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Do we get a slider for adjusting turbulence in the SU 10 update?

Does anyone have information? I donā€™t enjoy flying, itā€™s a jerk and a toss all the time.

What do you guys think of this?!

I would buy it (well worth ā‚¬11.51 (excluding VAT)

IF

it completely REPLACED the current Asobo MSFS simplistic Turbulence model, and the mod was adjustable in its injected Turbulence level (ie with an OFF switch).

Lacking in the description is if this MOD, adds to !! or replace the current Asobo Turbulence ??

There is a big lack in description. Does it inject it via SIGMET reports? Does it inject observed or forecasted info? Does it include mountain waves (MTW)?
Seems kind of weird to me.

1 Like

According to the devā€™s Facebook post (which is also kind of vague to me M. A. RealTurb):

M. A. RealTurb

The areas of turbulence are not random or whenever the aircraft is overflying terrain. It will actually create these effects when within the real worldā€™s Clear Air Turbulence areas. Furthermore when within the CAT area, it will also calculate the severity of the turbulence based on the aircraftā€™s position in the vertical envelope (if you are well within the vertical envelope or in the edge), the areaā€™s weather trend (ie. weakening, no change, intensifying etc) and calculate the overall effects to reach the aircraft.

The FSElite article does indicate that the CATs are injected via SIGMETS:

Clear Air Turbulence (CAT), can be encountered anywhere in the skies and ranges from light to severe. Specific areas around the globe are CAT hotspots, an aspect replicated in the product by interpolating SIGMET weather forecasts for real world pilots.

Sounds a lot like ā€œSnake Oilā€ to me ā€¦ and not even worth blowing $15 on to find out.

2 Likes

I canā€™t read, lol. Thank you for clarifying.

Iā€™ll wait for some reviews on this.