Turbulences have been reduced by 90%

You are mistaken. I don’t want to fly a drone. I want to fly by plane or helicopter in calm conditions. It’s that simple. Adding an adjustment slider is easy. Why does the developer tell me what weather conditions to fly in? The simulator is there so that I can choose freely.

5 Likes

I really have no idea how anyone can call the turbulence in the game exaggerated. It is nowhere near real life force. Will there ever be a day a storm cloud actually poses any threat to an aircraft and I actually need to use the weather radar rather than it being a gimmick?

Yes I guess if your goal is ‘zero turbulence’ then you won’t like it but that doesn’t make it exaggerated. With all respect, it sounds like you want a scenery viewer rather than a flight simulator and I don’t think you can criticise them for having air and an atmosphere in a flight simulator.

I see in the release notes they’ve already massively reduced thermals due to ‘feedback’ without apparently actually checking if that feedback had any scientific or real world merit. A sad state of affairs.

43 Likes

Use a weather preset then.

22 Likes

It’s very easy to fly in calm conditions in this game. I don’t know how people are finding all this supposed crazy turbulence, I have never ever encountered it once in light winds even in very small aircraft. I’d love to find it!

I can’t help thinking people’s reports of this crazy turbulence are exaggerated, rather than the turbulence itself.

9 Likes

There are a lot of ignorant people here. Let all users fly as they please. I want to fly without turbulence. You want to fly as it is. We are both right. Solution: The developer adds a setting option. It’s that simple.

5 Likes

Solar radiation can’t be set by presets. It’s determined by the relative position of the sun. On a summer day the sun heats surfaces more than during the winter, which results in more rising and falling air depending on the color of the surfaces in the satellite image. So the only way to reduce it is by setting an overcast sky or changing the date to the winter (assuming you’re not flying near the equator). There’s no way to disable the solar radiation simulation on a clear summer day at the moment.

1 Like

Please don’t use the term ‘exaggerated turbulence’ then. That suggests there is something wrong with what is in the game when actually you are saying you want to remove any turbulence whatsoever i.e. the game is realistic and you want an option to remove that realism.

This matters because the developers see this and reduce turbulence making the game even less realistic. It’s already happened at least twice.

32 Likes

I don’t think OP is talking about thermals. Those have been “nerfed” a little.
I believe OP’s talking about wind gusts that can’t be turned off, because even when METAR is not reporting them, the data comes from Meteoblue which always has gusts, be it 3 or 15 knots maximum, they’re just always there.

I agree with one thing - the frequency of the gusts needs a MAJOR tuning, because right now they occur way too fast than IRL.

1 Like

I tried flying in cloudy weather in winter. Unfortunately, the turbulence was strong even then. I just disagree. Someone explain. Why doesn’t the developer provide a settings slider? Everyone can set it the way they want…

Could you provide a video of your flight? Or at least coordinates where you were flying, and at what time and day?

1 Like

I will make a video.

2 Likes

If you don’t want any turbulence just use a weather preset, but remember to delete every wind layer or turn it to 0. Apart from weak thermals there should be not much movement in the air left.

3 Likes

The minimum gusts meteoblue reports seems to be 1-2 knots, if their map is any indication. I just flew in an area over the pacific that meteoblue reports as 1-2 knot gusts in the Savage Cub and it was low enough to not be perceivable, so I don’t think that’s an issue.

1 Like

When it comes to realism there should only be one right way, as real as it gets. This is a flight simulator, when real world turbulence and gusts make it impossible to fly then use a preset. Thank you Asobo for the gusts, makes flying a whole lot more fun!

27 Likes

Because live weather is supposed to be live weather, ie a (as much as possible) real representation of the real weather.
Thats the whole charm of the live weather: Everyone sees and feels the same conditions.

Or would you like:
Tom: This fog is cool.
Peter: Ive turned off fog.
Alex: Watch the gusts and turbulence on final guys.
John: Ive turned off gusts and turbulence…

Its just like real-life: Many days GA A/C can’t operate even if the WX looks fine - due winds and turbulence.
Cool, just fly somewhere else then. Or, as mentioned several times, use a preset WX.

Turb+gusts might need some adjustments, yes, but sure don’t wan’t Asobo to tone down another factor because some ppl want to fly on rails. And NO sliders in live WX pls - then its not LIVE WX anymore…

29 Likes

Absolutely agree. Live Weather should be as realistic as possible without local modification…

It has been changed many times based on opinions of the vocal minority.

If you want control of the weather, use a preset.

26 Likes

I’m a real-world pilot flying airplanes in the sim that I fly in real life. The mechanical turbulence at low altitudes on approach is definitely overdone. Please don’t tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about, because I do. In SU9 when a lot of people said it was overdone I didn’t think it was. Perhaps a bit, but not a lot. In SU10 it hasn’t been turned down, it’s clearly been turned up.

2 Likes

And many of them haven’t even flown IRL in turbulent conditions.

4 Likes

Sometimes I think that topics about excessive turbulence and thermals should only be created by people who are pilots in real life. If we had a “real verified pilot” badge here it would be wonderful.

If you’ve never flown a plane/helicopter in real life on what basis are you going to claim the turbulence is excessive or not whether it’s realistic or not? Based on what? In Flight Simulator x? On Flight Gear? XP? In GTA V? Jet De Go from PS2?

Seriously I saw in this fórum every absurd argument about turbulence and thermals that my meteorology professor if he saw the arguments he would cry all day. It’s a lot of argument that demonstrates a lack of total knowledge on the subject.

And the danger is when the developer listens to these people and downgrades what was not needed.

May sound undemocratic perhaps? Yup. But who has more basis to argue? A real-life pilot or a player?

19 Likes

AGREE —

Please Asobo, just add a TURBULENCE amplitude adjustment slider, and put an end to all these opinionated , design by Forum, complaints.

Its a SIMULATOR - users of the “simulator” should have control over the environment they want to simulate flying in.

Of all weather parameter, turbulence is one of the most variable, and unpredictable in magnitude.

IF the sim is “trying” to simulate “Real world Weather”, it is not going to “Get it right” everywhere, all the time.

Let the users adjust it to what they want, and not some per-defined, inaccurate setting determined by the developers.

If you want REAL – go learn to fly a plane in real life, and then you can let “Mother Nature” decide on the turbulence level.

4 Likes