Turtle Beach VelocityOne Flight stick Controller (New and available on Nov 17, 2022)

Thank you for your reply

Can you tell me where I find rudder lock option ?

Also yesterday I installed the app on the Xbox and clicked on velocity one - from the list of devices shown

But found no way of updating the firmware

Turn the silver wheel at the base of the joystick.
You will see the menu on the screen on top of the stick cycle through various items, the first one being interface mode. One of the others is rudder lock. Click on that and you see the setting.

The firmware is displayed on the bottom line of the app, after you selected the device.
If there is no update necessary, the app will tell you so.
Current one is 1.1.6 from January '23
https://support.turtlebeach.com/s/article/VelocityOne-Flightstick-Firmware-Update?language=en_US

This is my screen pic

Not sure what to do from here

There is no firmware update mode after rotating through all thr options with the silver wheel of the joystick

This is what i have selected - not sure if correct

I think the top image is for the Velocity One Flight Universal Control System, a different product from the FlightStick. To update the FlightStick firmware, you need to be using the correct app, either on your PC or on your Xbox.

What is the app called

VelocityOne Flightstick – App for Xbox & Windows

Found the correct app - thank you

1 Like

Thank you for your help - much appreciated

I found the right app

Updated the firmware and switched rudder lock to off

Rudder works fine on the flightstick

Would have been good if the flightstick was preset to rudder lock off

2 Likes

Woo-Hoo! Glad you got it setup! :smiley: Good job with all the advice everyone!

1 Like

I really need to know if MS FS 40th anniversory is FFB joystick compatible - may determine my purchase !

I’m not sure what you’re asking. This topic is about the VelocityOne FlightStick, which is fully compatible with MS Flight Simulator; I use it all the time.

So does it have force feed back and if so does it work on MS flight sum 40th anniversery sim ?

No, it doesn’t have force feedback.

I’m thinking about buying one in the near future. I’m growing tired of my Hotas One jitter issues.

Seeing a lot of positive responses to the VelocityOne Flight Stick, but a lot of negative as well. That always makes me nervous, especially after being burned by the Hotas one. My biggest concern is longevity. I can’t be buying a new stick every 6 months. We on Xbox don’t have many options though, and it seems like most agree the velocityone flight stick is better than the Hotas one. I’ve got some decisions to make.

Buy it, if you can. It’s better. In every way.

1 Like

My two cents on the stick:

• the z- axis (rudder, nose wheel steering) is very sticky so a smooth movement (turn) is difficult
  • the force to move the stick (x- and y- axis) is pretty high and a challenge for arm and hand (caution of tendonitis etc) but also not very realistc compared to sticks in real airplanes (gliders, airbus etc) as you usually can move their sticks with 2 fingers. This is the number #1 issue I have with the otherwise great stick.
1 Like

Yeah, that’s my biggest issue that puts me off it. From all the research I’ve done those points keep coming up, which says something.

I think I’ll wait for my T16000M to break and spend a little extra on a gladiator (or next best).

T16000M is a great cheapo workhorse though, I have to say, no complaints about it at all, for $70.

I bought it after release since I was looking for a new joystick. I returned it after a few days as I couldn’t overcome it’s issues. It was just way too stiff for me. A precise movement was not possible and my wrist began to hurt after a short while. Due to the force required the base was constantly lifting off my desk. So I always had to hold the base down with my left hand. Using the stick one handed was pretty much impossible. I finally ordered a new T16000M which was more suited for my needs, and only half the price of the TurtleBeach.

That’s my biggest concern. I don’t want to be in pain after long-term use, especially because I rarely use autopilot. It’s a shame they made it so stiff.

Sounds like it’s better in every way - except for the actual stick itself. But I also don’t really have other options. I’m definitely not buying another Thrustmaster HOTAS One. That’s for sure.

I’ve been using the V1 Flight Stick for 3 months now. I did find it stiff initially but don’t really notice it now. Whether I’ve got used to it or its loosened up with use I’m not sure.

I have adjusted the pitch and roll sensitivity curves so that I can get finer control around neutral.

I use the cyclic assist for helicopters. It makes the hover more controllable although perfectly possible without the assist it just takes a lot more concentration.

1 Like