Turtle Beach VelocityOne yoke not recognized by flight simulator on Xbox One Series X

I connected my new Turtle Beach VelocityOne yoke to my Xbox. The yoke starts, i.e. display is starting.

Mode is set to “Xbox” and profile is set to “Default” as described in the manual.

The turtle beach update app on the Xbox recognizes the yoke and states, there is no update available because firmware is up to date.

Test mode on the FMD also works fine and recognizes every movement or button of the yoke.

However, the yoke is not recognized by the controller setup of the flight simulator. Also, no reaction of plane or on the menus. Therefore I assume it is an issue with the flight simulator.

The Xbox controller and the Thrustmaster Hoyas are working fine.

Any idea? Otherwise, I have to think the yoke is defect and I have to return it.

Strange, just been using mine no problems, had it since first released. Check all cables are connected well, I have mine connected to USB at front of series x. Unplug and plug back whilst msfs is on in controller options, it should recognise it . If not working , must be a problem with Velocity One. Call support . Its not msfs because mine works fine. Try it with no other peripheral plugged in.

I get mine delivered tomorrow - I will report back

1 Like

Are you hooked directly into the Xbox, or are you using a USB extension cord? These can cause connection issues.

Hooked in directly.

Tried all those things, un-, replugging, restarting etc.

Got feedback from Turtle Beach support and tested the yoke on my PC. MS FS does not work there (Surface Pro2), however Windows 10 did (!) recognize both parts of the yoke and all inputs (levers and buttons) were recognized.

Just swiped MS FS on my Xbox and started downloading and installing it again. Will take one hour.

Mine works fine. Just a thought. I too have the Thrustmaster HOTAS and I find everything works better if I only have one plugged in at a time. If I’m using the Velocity One I will unplug my joystick and vice versa. Some times they conflict.

1 Like

I got enough courage to uninstall/install MSFS2020. It took some time but that was the solution!

I had installed the standard Xbox GamePass version and installed the Game of the year edition. No early access or beta version was ever installed.

It works now fine!

3 Likes

Mines been working fine, yesterday I noticed it was taking a while for the picture of the Velocity One to appear in the option controller page. Went to fly a320 all setting were all gone,back to basic settings. Nothing has changed for settings to other aircraft just twin engine jets. But know when I fly a320, having redone settings, game freezing just as I’m on final leg of flight,ie 50nm from landing. This is not one off, this is every single flight with the a320 since yesterday morning. I also might try reinstall. Just can’t understand why all of a sudden this happened, I hadn’t changed anything or installed and addons .

I am having the same issue…display on v1 is not active

I’m having same issue no display change on V1 display… it’s frozen @nd will not allow changes and default profile not working in FS2020. This is a new velocity one purchased January 4 2022. Reloading FS2020 but I don’t think that’s the answer… did you resolve your display issue.

@Munchkin3933 i am having the same problem. Loading a flight, landing on the runway ready for departure and then the whole V1 locks and freezes.

The only thing I have noticed is the servers are not showing

Mine will only recognize xbox, downloaded turtle beach app but did not make a difference. New gaming machine. Ch works just OK. Any other ideas

Oh wow after you payed some $$$. Its xbox certified so it should work. Send it back for a replacement.

I may have to also, last resort … It all worked great , and now, only my throttle-quadrant appears in MSFS … no yoke function , updated firmware, MSFS updated and I’m left with this after … tks , you’ve brought me ‘hope’ …

Did you ever solve this? I am having the same problem. It’s plugged in updated and connected. If I push this X button it has the same effect as if it were a regular Xbox controller, yet it doesn’t appear in the controller options menu, only the Xbox controller

yes , I did … go to ‘device-manager’ in Windows , scroll to the bottom, you’ll see x-box gaming device : xbox controller … double-click, click ‘driver’, click update driver, click ‘from my computer’, click ‘let me pick from list’ … there you’ll see ‘usb gaming device’ … click update … go back out , and now the Velocity is shown in ‘Hid Devices’ … and in-game ! …

3 Likes

Just got mine today and also the Yoke is not recognized at all in MFSim. I followed all the steps you have mentioned and I have update the software with no response yet.

I called Amazon to return back the unit and will replace it with another one.

So annoying!!

That‘s bad! Did you try to contact Turtlebeach for support? Maybe they have some advice.

Good luck!