[Tutorial] How to Link SkyDemon to FS2020 for free

Yeah I did that, I even did Port-forwarding on my router to the device and/or PC, still nothing. Kinda sucks… :confused:

I will try it now. Thanks for sharing here!

Update: I didnt go on because its very expensive

You can get a 30 day trial…can’t go wrong with that. I have been loving it so far. Nice to follow an actual flight plan you design instead of the terrible flight plans the sim gives us.

1 Like

I tried and Fsx2SkyDemon does not connect with MSFS. The FSX light remains red.
So this Fsx2SkyDemon to work with MSFS needs also SimConnect to be installed and configured?

Same issue for me.
By the way - in the Fsx2Skydemon should you provide our PC (on which the sim is running) IP address or you tablet (on which SkyDemon is running) IP address? On the video you are checking the PCs IP address, to be later inserted in the Fsx2Skydemon OutAddr field. Is this correct? I checked the manual - the target device (tablet) IP should be provided. However, in my case still no connectivity to the sim itself (FSX button remains red).
I the meantime I managed to connect MSF 2020 with SkyDemon on Android tablet using free demo version of XMapsy. Paid version - 18.44 euro, but seems much more mature vs. the free Fsx2Skydemon (e.g. you don’t need to specify target device IP - XMapsy discovers it using broadcasts).

To my understanding you should put SkyDemon device’s IP-address to Fsx2SkyDemon Settings OutAddr field, not MSFS PC IP address what was mistakenly shown on the video.

Yeah, double check it’s the device IP. Did you restart the simulator and FSX2SkyDemon after you put the outaddr in?

Hm. Weird there are a lot of issues, it seems to work perfectly for others, and yet not as well for some other users. Here is a text method outlining what you have to do.

Alternative Text Method

1 - Install FSX2SkyDemon via the link above.

1.5 - Log into your target device, and grab the IP. If you’re struggling with this, google ‘how to get device IP on [device]’

2 - Open FSX2SkyDemon and place the IP of your target device into the ‘outaddr’ box in settings.

3 - Restart FSX2SkyDemon.

4 - Launch the Simulator and spawn in. Ensure FSX2SkyDemon shows green, indicating connected.

5 - Open SkyDemon, go to third party devices and select X-Plane. Then Select Connect with xplane via go flying and it should work.

I originally provided a text tutorial outlining this, however I sort of rushed a tutorial late at night via a youtube video to help a couple people with issues.

Note: If this does not work, I can not help any further. It’s not my software, so I can’t help with it and I’m seeing it work perfectly or not at all for people. Just ensure you restart the FSX2SkyDemon, they’re on the same network, and that you use the correct IP for that device.

Later that month I have to try it! Thanks for informing me!

In my case the issue is with FSX2SkyDemon not connecting to MSF 2020. If this connection is missing no way the FSX2SkyDemon could transfer any data to external device running SkyDemon.

It may be an issue with not picking up Sim Connect. Maybe try check it’s all on the same disk?

Then the issue is installation instructions do not advise to install SimConnect stuff also. At least I didn’t spot that and I guess without SC Fsx2SkyDemon does not work. right?

Maybe I need to wait Asobo to fix SC issues first, not hurting FPS.

I’ve been using MSFS Bridge from Sim market. It’s not free (6 Eur) but check the reviews: it’s easy to install, there is nothing to configure and works out of the box with SkyDemon and Foreflight.