Two seater Hornets: F/A-18F and F/A-18B-D

I think it would be amazing to have two seater hornets in the game, both for the legacy hornet and for the super hornet. what do you think? any devs interested? I think it would be very profitable for the devs as well since the in-game default F/A-18E is kinda meh

2 Likes

Would love to see a proper hornet in the sim, Asobo made a pile of junk with the hornet they put it. Just can’t get over how bad the flight dynamics are.

yes you are right, flight model is very very bad. unfortunately no one wants to make hornets as they say that it would be economically unvaluable since there already is a hornet in the sim… personally I disagree because I bet there are many people who would like to see a quality F-18

3 Likes

Oh yea I love this bird but an F model should be easy for them and would be awesomr, and refine/extend the avionics and cockpit switches of course, I miss being able to open the canopy etc.

The Asobo F18 flight model isnt as bad as everyone says it is. Its a very capable dogfighter indeed once you know its weak points and when to avoid them. Thats why the instructorsa at DCDFWS use them against all other curriculum aircraft right up until the graduation hops.
Yes it doesnt have many bells and whistles and the FBW takes over if you a grovelling for energy but if you keep velocity above 300kts (250) when you really understsnd it. And the AoA below 25deg at low speed it will turn and burn with any of the TOP jet fighters currently in sim.

A legacy Hornet would be great… Since it is completely different to the Super Hornet

There is a freeware legacy Hornet availiable for PC

I have the F18 on the DCS sim. Quite complex and challenging to fly ‘properly’ (at least for me) and this is just in a sim. It actually took me around 3 months ‘on and off’ to get to know it and fly it ‘half decently’. Full respect to the RL pilots who actually do this.

Maybe we should take some comfort that the F14 Tomcat is supposed to be coming to MSFS at some stage from Heatblur and IFE. That one could maybe be worth waiting for even if it has only 75% of the features in the DCS sim (other than weapons which are not allowed in MSFS).

But not available for Xbox.
A Growler would be awesome too.

i think alot of people all agree that MSFS2020 would be so much better with the F/A-18F

1 Like

It is on the wishlist: