UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update

You clearly aren’t using custom keys… very narrowminded sir, very…

3 Likes

Well if that is something you enjoy doing every time you want to access the sim fine …
But I would wager that 99% of people experiencing this issue are not happy doing that
I’m not that’s why I applied the fix , took 5 minutes and all good now , but and a big BUT
…we shouldn’t be having to modify things in the sim or the MS store , it’s totally unacceptable!!!

11 Likes

I totally second this. We’re not here to repair issues spending our time trying to find some workaround, it’s not up to us even if it would take 5 second to apply it.

7 Likes

Change language to EN-US :wink:

Hi. For me, this did not affect Forza. Just MSFS. Strange. I did hear from others that other games on Xbox online were affected.

Remember a week or so ago when you couldn’t even launch off-line?

If this happens I’m afraid there would be no pieces to pick up unfortunately, all gone with the servers being offline.

1 Like

Thanks. I put a link to this thread in my ticket.

1 Like

Oh, you got the wrong point, this issue hasn’t affect FH4, that’s running fine, the service that was being a pain was a different one entirely (Teredo) and that was months ago.
All I was saying was that I’m very comfortable with handling advanced features that most everyday users wouldn’t be, like using Powershell, CMD Prompt, RegEdit (I mean, most non-enthusiasts don’t even do basic graphics drivers updates or know what a BIOS or POST is) but if I don’t have to, I don’t want to, as to avoid potential issues down the line.

1 Like

Still no word from either Asobo or Microsoft? Hard to believe I don’t expect a fix just an acknowledgement that someone is working on it. Dread full customer relation practice.

If we’re only going to get one, I’d prefer the fix. :slight_smile:

They have re-categorized my ticket regarding this issue to “bug” which means that there won’t be a individual customer support agent checking this issue. Wish they could fix this ASAP as well as the progress reset. I really don’t want to redo the landings and watch 100 landmarks again.

I notice that nobody appears tro have posted that they do not suffer from this problem - well I don’t. Everything working as normal, although when I first read the thread I disabled all automatic app updates. I’m not going to investigate - if it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

Standard MS Store edition, all updates completed, a few addons installed via MS Addons Linker (changed according to what I want to do). A medium spec system running mostly with high settings and a solid 36Mbps download speed

Yeah the problematic Gaming Services app was not pushed to all the users thus explained why not all were affected. The 5004 and 5005 are good versions and 18001 is the one that’s causing this issue.

1 Like

What version is your Gaming Services application?

I believe somewhere there is a post that only selected computer systems received this update from Microsoft. So we do not know how many?

This is the one thing that is not working. Because it requires a restart.

I do, if you talk about using Num keys for switching instrument views.
For me it works with reloading the stored profile for my keyboard.

I believe your Decathlon achievement also got reset to 0. I have all the achievements either unlocked or progressed and I can confirm only these 3 + Decathlon are resetting after this issue. It’s kinda annoying really cuz they’re all very time consuming…

Thanks, now I got the workkaround to fully work. Merci!

1 Like

2.50.5005.0 looks to have been installed 19 Feb 21

So it looks like I’ve got one of the “good” versions.